Picong, Lanao del Sur
Location in Lanao del Sur
|Region||Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (ARMM)|
|Province||Lanao del Sur|
|• Mayor||Alinader M. Balindong|
|• Total||280.00 km2 (108.11 sq mi)|
|Population (2015 census)|
|• Density||59/km2 (150/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
|IDD : area code||+63 (0)63|
|Electorate||8,077 voters as of 2016|
Formerly known as Sultan Gumander, the town was renamed in 2006 pursuant to Muslim Mindanao Autonomy Act No. 175 dated December 16, 2004, which was ratified through a plebiscite conducted by the Commission of Elections on March 25, 2006.
Alinader Dagar Balindong is the incumbent mayor. He was elected thrice as mayor in 1998 up to 2004. He runs as vice mayor in 2007 as unopposed candidate. Mayor Tanaun as he fondly called by his constituents is the son of great old man of the Balindong clan then Mayor of Malabang Sultan Amir Macaorao Balindong. Siblings of Mayor Tanaun includes the incumbent Congressman Pangalian Balindong of 2nd district of Lanao del Sur and the incumbent Vice Mayor of Malabang, Lanao del Sur. This Balindong family is dominating the political landscape of the 2nd district of Lanao del Sur.
Below are siblings running for this coming 2016 election from Balindong clan:
- Deputy Speaker Pangalian M. Balindong : For Governor - Lanao del Sur
- Caharoden "Toks" A. Balindong : For Vice Governor - Lanao del Sur
- Sultan Sainoden A. Balindong : Assemblyman - 2nd District, Lanao del Sur
Picong is politically subdivided into 20 barangays.
- Liangan (Poblacion)
|Population census of Picong|
|Source: Philippine Statistics Authority|
- "Official City/Municipal 2013 Election Results". Intramuros, Manila, Philippines: Commission on Elections (COMELEC). 1 July 2013. Retrieved 5 September 2013.
- Census of Population (2015). "ARMM - Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- "Muslim Mindanao Autonomy Act No. 175; An Act Changing the Name of the Municipality of Sultan Gumander to the Municipality of Picong, in the Province of Lanao del Sur" (PDF). Regional Legislative Assembly, Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao. Retrieved 27 January 2016.
- National Statistical Coordination Board (2006-04-27). "2006 Factsheet". Retrieved 2006-06-24.
- Census of Population and Housing (2010). "ARMM - Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. NSO. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- Census of Population (1995, 2000 and 2007). "ARMM - Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao". Total Population by Province, City and Municipality. NSO. Archived from the original on 11 November 2011.
- "Province of Lanao del Sur". Municipality Population Data. Local Water Utilities Administration Research Division. Retrieved 17 December 2016.
- Municipality of Picong - Official Website
- MMA Act No. 175 : An Act Changing the Name of the Municipality of Sultan Kumander to the Municipality of Picong
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- Philippine Census Information
- Local Governance Performance Management System
||Nunungan, Lanao del Norte / Calanogas||Tubaran|
|Sultan Naga Dimaporo, Lanao del Norte||Malabang|
|This article about a location in the Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|