Glenn Gordon Caron
|Glenn Gordon Caron|
|Born||1954 (age 62–63)
|Occupation||Writer, television producer, film director|
Glenn Gordon Caron (born 1954) (sometimes credited as Glenn Caron) is an American television writer, director and producer, probably best known for the television series Moonlighting in the 1980s and Medium in the 2000s. He lives in Los Angeles, California.
Caron graduated from the State University of New York at Geneseo in 1975. After his graduation he studied with Del Close and The Second City, before starting a career at an advertising agency. While working here he was invited by NBC to write a pilot for the network. While the pilot would not receive a series order his work impressed writer and producer James L. Brooks who invited him to join the writing staff of Taxi.
He subsequently wrote and produced the first ten episodes of Remington Steele before leaving to form his own company Picturemaker Productions. His 1985 show Moonlighting was a worldwide hit, it revitalised the career of Cybill Shepherd and launched the career of Bruce Willis. He made his feature directorial debut with 1988's Clean and Sober, starring Michael Keaton and Morgan Freeman.
Caron returned to television in 1999 creating and producing the short-lived series Now and Again (1999–2000). In 2001 Fox ordered 13 episodes of the Caron created Fling. The network became unhappy with the direction of the series and cancelled the show during the production of the seventh episode. As a result, none of the completed episodes have ever been aired.
In 2005 Caron created Medium for NBC. He also served as executive producer of the show, wrote several episodes and directed the series pilot. It ran for seven seasons, the last two on CBS, until early 2011.
Caron was the recipient of the 2007 Outstanding Television Writer Award at the Austin Film Festival.
In 2008 Caron developed a pilot for the CBS Network titled The Meant to Be's, about a woman who dies only to find herself sent back to earth to help people get their life back on track. It was not developed any further than the pilot stage.
In 2013, Caron wrote a pilot for a 2014 Fox television series titled The Middle Man. Set in the 1960s, a Boston FBI agent and his Irish-American informant take on the Italian-American mafia. Ben Affleck will executive produce and direct the pilot.
He is married with three children, and is the owner of Picturemaker Productions.
- Taxi (1978) TV Series
- 2.08 The Great Race (writer)
- Breaking Away (1980) TV Series
- 1.06 La Strada (with Steve Tesich) (writer)
- Fame (1982) TV Series
- 1.04 Alone in a Crowd (writer)
- Remington Steele (1982) TV Series
- 1.04 Signed, Steeled, & Delivered (writer)
- 1.07 Etched in Steele (writer)
- 1.14 Hearts of Steele (writer)
- 1.15 To Stop a Steele (writer)
- Concrete Beat (1984) (TV)
- Moonlighting (1985) TV Series (creator)
- 1.01 Pilot (writer)
- 2.01 Brother, Can You Spare a Blonde (writer)
- 2.10 Twas the Episode Before Christmas (writer)
- 3.09 The Straight Poop (writer)
- 3.10 I Am Curious Maddie (writer)
- 4.01 A Trip to the Moon (writer)
- 5.01 A Womb with a View (with Charles H. Eglee) (writer)
- Long Time Gone (1986) (TV)
- Clean and Sober (1988)
- The Making of Me (1989) – a short film created for Walt Disney World's Epcot Center
- Wilder Napalm (1993)
- Love Affair (1994)
- Picture Perfect (1997) (co-writer of screenplay and director)
- Now and Again (1999) TV Series (creator)
- 1.01 Origins (writer and director)
- 1.02 On the Town (writer)
- 1.03 Over Easy (writer)
- Fling (2001) TV Series (creator) (writer)
- Medium (2005) TV Series (creator)
- 1.01 Pilot (writer and director)
- 1.02 Suspicions and Certainties (writer)
- 1.03 A Couple of Choices (with Michael Angeli) (writer)
- 2.01 When Push Comes to Shove Part 2 (writer)
- 2.19 Knowing Her (writer)
- 3.01 Four Dreams Part 1 (with Javier Grillo-Marxuach) (writer)
- 3.02 Four Dreams Part 2 (with Javier Grillo-Marxuach) (writer)
- 4.01 And Then (writer)
- 7.13 Me Without You (with Craig Sweeny & Robert Doherty) (writer)
- The Meant to Be's (2008) TV Pilot (creator, writer and director)
- The Middle Man (2014) (writer, executive producer)
- Tomashoff, Craig (December 12, 1999). "COVER STORY; Just a Regular Guy, Who Can Outrun a Car". The New York Times.
- Glenn Gordon Caron, Creator and Executive Producer, NBC's | Entertainment & Arts > Broadcasting Industry from AllBusiness.com
- Strike Averted, Fox Cancels Its 'fling' With Par | Business solutions from AllBusiness.com
- Bitalac, Labelle (November 19, 2010). "CBS cancels "Medium"". The News Chronicle. Retrieved 2014-06-04.
- Glenn Gordon Caron and CBS Look For The Meant To Be's
- FOX Gives Pilot Order to Crime Drama 'The Middle Man' Executive Produced by Ben Affleck & Glenn Gordon Caron