|• Total||3,086.95 km2 (1,191.88 sq mi)|
|• Density||130/km2 (330/sq mi)|
|Time zone||WIB (UTC+7)|
|Area code(s)||+62 643|
Pidie Regency is a regency of Aceh Special region, in Indonesia. It is bordered by the Malacca Strait and Pidie Jaya Regency (which was formerly a part of Pidie Regency) in the north, Aceh Besar Regency in the west, Bireuen Regency in the northeast, and Aceh Jaya Regency in the south. The regency covers an area of 3,086.95 square kilometres and according to the 2010 census had a population of 379,108 people; the latest official estimate (as at 2014) is 399,124. As of 1977, Pidie was the largest rice producing area of Aceh province, producing some 20% of its total output.
|This section does not cite any sources. (December 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
The regency is divided administratively into 22 districts (kecamatan):
- Glumpang Baro
- Glumpang Tiga
- Grong Grong
- Kembang Tanjong
- Kota Sigli
- Muara Tiga
- Mutiara Timur
- Padang Tiji
- Peukan Baro
- Simpang Tiga
- Zaini Abdullah (governor of Aceh 2013 - 2018).
- Teungku Chik di Tiro (Indonesian National Hero).
- Daud Beureueh (Military Governor of aceh).
- Teuku Mohammad Hasan (The first governor of Sumatra).
- Ibrahim Hasan (former governor of Aceh and Former Minister for Food).
- Hasballah M Saad (Former minister of indonesian human rights).
- Hasan Tiro (Founder and command center of GAM).
- Sanusi Juned (Former chief minister of Malaysian).
- Ismail Hassan Metareum (Party chairman and Advisory specially Indonesian delegation to the UN).
- Ibrahim Risjad or Richard (influential businessmen in Indonesian).
- Biro Pusat Statistik, Jakarta, 2011.
- The second five-year development plan, 1974/75-1978/79. Dept. of Information, Republic of Indonesia. 1977. p. 29. Retrieved 20 December 2010.