|• Total||31.63 km2 (12.21 sq mi)|
|• Density||2,000/km2 (5,200/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
Piduguralla is a town in Guntur district of the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh. It is one of the 12 municipalities in the district. The town is the headquarters of Piduguralla mandal and administered under Gurazala revenue division. The town is also known as Lime City of Andhra Pradesh as there are abundant reserves of lime stone.
The Piduguralla municipality was formed on 21 May 2005 and has an extent of 31.63 km2 (12.21 sq mi).
Piduguralla is a part of Gurazala (Assembly constituency) for Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly. Yarapathineni Srinivasa Rao is the present MLA of the constituency from Telugu Desam Party. It is also a part of Narasaraopet (Lok Sabha constituency) which was won by Rayapati Sambasiva Rao of Telugu Desam Party.
The major agriculture produce includes, paddy, cotton, chillies etc. and hence, the town has many rice and cotton mills. There are many Lime stone Kilns as well. Piduguralla has companies like T&D Group Pvt Ltd under which it has T&D Minerals and T&D Future Kids
The railway station is situated on the Guntur-Nadikudi section. The rail is an unelectrified, single line and electrification of this line has already started. State highway 2 passes through Piduguralla. It is connected the joint state capital Hyderabad from Guntur And ongole. it has good bus facility for Hyderabad, Guntur, Narasaraopet, Macharla and Ongole.
The primary and secondary school education is imparted by government, aided and private schools, under the School Education Department of the state. The medium of instruction followed by different schools are English, Telugu.
- "Basic Information of Municipality". Commissioner & Director of Municipal Administration. Municipal Administration & Urban Development Department, Govt. of Andhra Pradesh. Retrieved 17 January 2015.
- "Census 2011". The Registrar General & Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 24 August 2014.
- "New Gurazala revenue division created". The Hindu. Gurazala (Guntur District). 1 July 2013. Retrieved 17 January 2015.
- P. Samuel Jonathan (23 November 2011). "Lime City". Piduguralla (Guntur District). Retrieved 12 February 2015.
- "Piduguralla Municipality". Commissioner & Director of Municipal Administration. Municipal Administration & Urban Development Department. Retrieved 17 February 2015.
- "MLA". AP State Portal. Retrieved 13 October 2014.
- "MP (Lok Sabha)". Government of AP. Retrieved 4 May 2015.
- "Delimitation of Parliamentary and Assembly Constituencies Order, 2008" (PDF). Election Commission of India. p. 22,31. Retrieved 11 October 2014.
- "Brief about Municipality". Commissioner & Director of Municipal Administration. Municipal Administration & Urban Development Department, Government of Andhra Pradesh. Retrieved 17 January 2015.
- "School Education Department" (PDF). School Education Department, Government of Andhra Pradesh. Archived from the original (PDF) on 27 December 2015. Retrieved 7 November 2016.
- "The Department of School Education - Official AP State Government Portal | AP State Portal". www.ap.gov.in. Archived from the original on 7 November 2016. Retrieved 7 November 2016.