|Single by Thalía|
|from the album En Éxtasis|
|Released||24 August 1995|
|Producer(s)||Emilio Estefan Jr.|
|Thalía singles chronology|
"Piel Morena" ("Brown Skin") is a song written by Kike Santander, produced by Emilio Estefan Jr. and recorded by Thalía. It was released as the lead single of her fourth studio album En éxtasis, which was her international debut. This is her first single under the label EMI. It is recognized as one of Thalía's signature songs.
The single becomes a huge Thalia's crossover hit, and also peaked at number seven on the Billboard's Hot Latin Tracks, and number one on The Latin America United Chart. This song opened the door of her international career in Latin America and Europe. It became a popularity phenomenon in the Latin market and intensified the comparisons of Thalia as the "Latina Madonna". "Piel morena" was remixed by The Hitmakers, and by Emilio Estefan Jr. "Piel Morena" earned a nomination for Pop Song of the Year at the Lo Nuestro Awards of 1996.
"Piel Morena" received attention of both critics and customers after heavy airplay. It became a number a hit in the latin market, and was her first song to apeear in the Billboard charts.
Official versions and remixes
- Album Version
- Pablo Flores Remix (En Éxtasis)
- Hitmakers Edit (Por Amor)
- Hitmakers Club edit (Thalia's Hits Remixed)
- Banda Version (Con Banda: Grandes Éxitos)
- Emilio Mix ( Con Banda: Grandes Éxitos)
|US Hot Latin Songs (Billboard)||7|
|US Latin Pop Songs (Billboard)||4|
|US Regional Mexican Airplay (Billboard)||11|
- "Univision Announces The Nominees For Spanish-Language Music's Highest Honors: Premio Lo Nuestro A La Musica Latina". PR Newswire. Free Online Library. 1996-03-27. Retrieved 2013-06-11.
- "Thalia Chart History (Hot Latin Songs)" Billboard. Retrieved 2010-08-25.
- "Thalia Chart History (Latin Pop Songs)" Billboard. Retrieved 2010-08-25.
- "Thalia Chart History (Regional Mexican Songs)" Billboard. Retrieved 2010-08-25.