Pienso en tu mirá
|"Pienso en tu mirá"|
|Single by Rosalía|
|from the album El mal querer|
|English title||"I Think About Your Gaze"|
|Released||24 July 2018|
|Rosalía singles chronology|
"Pienso en tu mirá" (stylised in all capital letters), officially «Pienso en tu mirá – Cap 3: Celos» is a song recorded by Spanish singer and songwriter Rosalía from her second studio album El mal querer (2018). The track written by the singer herself, along with Antón Álvarez Alfaro. It was produced by Pablo Díaz-Reixa, better known as El Guincho. It was released on 24 July 2018 through Sony Music as the album's second single.
The music video for "Pienso en tu mirá" was directed by Nicolás Méndez of production company CANADA, and filmed alongside the "Malamente" music video in May 2018, within five days in Barcelona, Badalona, L'Hospitalet and Barberà del Vallès, Spain.
As a follow-up to the "Malamente" video, "Pienso en tu mirá" is a "visual poem" full of icons and imagery. The story begins with a plastic flamenco woman doll swinging on the rear mirror of a truck that crashes against a wall.
Throughout the video, Rosalía appears being covered in jewels, chased by female characters that dance around her, or trapped in a loop in a room with no exit. One of the most iconic scenes in the video depicts Rosalía surrounded by men who point at her with knives and shotguns. This has been compared to a submissive stance, which shifts once Rosalía stands up and the camera moves to portray an empowering low-angle shot.
Physically strong and intimidating truck drivers are also seen, with blood coming out from their chests, referencing the chorus lyrics "Pienso en tu mirá, tu mirá, clavá, es una bala en el pecho" ("I think of your gaze — It's like a bullet embedded in my chest"). This reference is also present when Rosalía is loading up a rifle with black olives, to later reveal that the olives are indeed the eyes of a stuffed bull head.
The video ends with Rosalía walking away from the inside of a truck where a man is destroying many objects with a bat. In the last scene, the protagonist sends messages via WhatsApp from the top of the vehicle already knocked down, in the middle of the chaos.
Rosalía performed the song along with "Malamente" on BBC TV show Later... with Jools Holland on 16 October 2018. On 31 October 2018, she performed it in front of 11,000 people at a free concert brought by Red Bull at the Plaza de Colón, in Madrid.
Usage in media
|Panama (Monitor Latino)||18|
|Spain (PROMUSICAE)||2× Platinum||80,000^|
^shipments figures based on certification alone
- Freire, Juan Manuel (24 July 2018). "Mira aquí el nuevo vídeo de Rosalía, 'Pienso en tu mirá'". El Periódico de Catalunya (in Spanish). Retrieved 21 November 2018.
- Saavedra, David (30 July 2018). "La canción de la semana - Rosalía" (in Spanish). Red Bull. Retrieved 21 November 2018.
- ""Pienso en tu mirá": el vídeo de la colección de Rosalía para Pull & Bear". El País (in Spanish). 12 November 2018. Retrieved 21 November 2018.
- "Top 20 Pop Panamá – Del 29 de Octubre al 4 de Noviembre, 2018". Monitor Latino. Retrieved 21 November 2018.
- "Spanishcharts.com – Rosalía – Pienso en tu mirá" Canciones Top 50. Retrieved 21 November 2018.
- "Pienso en tu mirá – Rosalía". Productores de Música de España. Retrieved 16 April 2019.