Pier-2 Art Center
|Pier-2 Art Center|
|Location||Yancheng, Kaohsiung, Taiwan|
The arts center was originally an abandoned warehouse site due to Kaohsiung's shift from industrial city to service city. The warehouses were built in 1973. Due to the persistence of local artists, the area was finally released and remade to be an arts center. In 2006, the Bureau of Cultural Affairs of Kaohsiung City Government and under management of the Kaohsiung Pier-2 Art Development Association and Shu-Te University's art development workshop took over the center, starting a series of exhibitions.
- Hamasen Museum of Taiwan Railway, located at Warehouse 7 and 8
- Art Plaza
- Bicycle Warehouse
- C1+C2 Warehouse
- C3 Warehouse
- C5 Warehouse
- Dayi Warehouse
- Moonlight Theater
- P2 Warehouse
- Penglai Warehouse
- Warehouse 9
- West Coast Bike Path
The center is accessible within walking distance South West from Yanchengpu Station of Kaohsiung MRT. Since 2017, Dayi Pier-2 Station(駁二大義) and Penglai Pier-2 Station(駁二蓬萊) of Kaohsiung LRT pass through the Pier-2 Art Center.
- "The Pier-2 Art Center". Kaohsiung Travel. 27 November 2020. Retrieved 5 January 2021.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2016-04-10. Retrieved 2016-03-27.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Pier-2 Art Center-About Pier-2". Pier-2.khcc.gov.tw. 2000-10-10. Retrieved 2014-04-30.
- "Pier-2 Art Center-Open Spaces". Pier-2.khcc.gov.tw. Archived from the original on 2014-05-02. Retrieved 2014-04-30.
- "Pier-2 Art Center-Getting Here". Pier-2.khcc.gov.tw. Archived from the original on 2014-05-02. Retrieved 2014-04-30.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Pier-2 Art Center.|
|This article about a building or structure in Taiwan is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|