Pier 4 Park
The park features a multi-use asphalt trail, 349 metres in length and 4 metres wide which provides barrier-free access to all areas of the park and linkages with the surrounding harbourfront precinct. A total of $2.2 million has been invested for the redevelopment of the park which includes a 24-metre tugboat which acts as the centrepiece of an interactive water play area for children. A dramatically curved lookout pier includes a protected sun shelter and benches to view the marinas, parkland and vistas of the surrounding Bay.
In addition Hamilton Harbour Commissioners (HHC) have constructed Hamilton Pier which provides 0.4 hectares of additional parkland and fish habitat.
- "Ontario Trails Council: PIer 4 Park Trail". Retrieved 2008-09-15.
- MapArt Golden Horseshoe Atlas - Page 647 - Grids E11, F11, E12, F12
- Bay Area Restoration Council (www.hamiltonharbour.ca)
- Hamilton Waterfront Trail (www.waterfronttrail.org)
- Hamilton Waterfront Trust (www.hamiltonwaterfront.com)
- Google Maps: Pier 4 Park (Hybrid)
|This Ontario geographical article about a location in the Golden Horseshoe is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|