Pierce Township, Clermont County, Ohio
|Pierce Township, Clermont County, Ohio|
Location of Pierce Township in Clermont County
|• Total||23.1 sq mi (59.8 km2)|
|• Land||22.9 sq mi (59.2 km2)|
|• Water||0.2 sq mi (0.6 km2)|
|Elevation||899 ft (274 m)|
|• Density||628/sq mi (242.5/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1085869|
Pierce Township is one of the fourteen townships of Clermont County, Ohio, United States. The 2010 census reported 14,349 people living in the township, 10,968 of whom were in the unincorporated portions of the township.
Located in the western part of the county along the Ohio River, it borders the following townships:
- Union Township - north
- Batavia Township - northeast
- Monroe Township - southeast
- Ohio Township - south
- Anderson Township, Hamilton County - northwest
Campbell County, Kentucky lies across the Ohio River to the southwest.
Name and history
It is the only Pierce Township statewide.
Pierce Township was established in 1853.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Pierce township, Clermont County, Ohio". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved January 16, 2015.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- "Welcome to Pierce Township!". Pierce Township, Clermont County, Ohio. Retrieved 20 January 2014.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.