Pierce Township, Washington County, Indiana
Location in Washington County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||35.73 sq mi (92.5 km2)|
|• Land||35.61 sq mi (92.2 km2)|
|• Water||0.12 sq mi (0.3 km2) 0.34%|
|Elevation||804 ft (245 m)|
|• Density||74.9/sq mi (28.9/km2)|
|ZIP codes||47165, 47167|
|GNIS feature ID||0453730|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 35.73 square miles (92.5 km2), of which 35.61 square miles (92.2 km2) (or 99.66%) is land and 0.12 square miles (0.31 km2) (or 0.34%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
- New Pekin (west half)
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Washington Township (north)
- Franklin Township (northeast)
- Polk Township (east)
- Jackson Township (south)
- Howard Township (west)
The township contains these four cemeteries: Blue River Church, Mount Pleasant Church, Old Blue River and Wilson.
- Jordan Lake
- East Washington School Corporation
- Indiana's 9th congressional district
- State House District 73
- State Senate District 47
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- History of Lawrence, Orange, and Washington Counties, Indiana: From the Earliest Time to the Present. Higginson Book Company. 1884. p. 695.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States Board on Geographic Names (GNIS)