May 30, 1956|
Aosta, Aosta Valley, Italy
Piero Chiambretti (born 30 May 1956) is an Italian television presenter.
Born on 30 May 1956 in Aosta to Felicita Chiambretti, an 18-year-old single mother, he grew up in Turin. He later moved to Bologna, where he studied Arts, Music and Entertainment. During his studies, Chiambretti also presented some cabaret shows and worked as a tourist resort entertainer.
His first TV appearance was in 1977, when he co-presented the show Non siamo gazzose with Erik Colombardo, aired by Grp, a local TV channel broadcast in Piedmont only. In 1982, he started working in RAI, appearing in some shows for kids. Starting from 1988, he was part of the cast of the TV show Va Pensiero, broadcast by Rai 3. This experience allowed him to receive a Telegatto for Revelation of the Year.
In 1997, Chiambretti was chosen as one of the presenters of the 47th Sanremo Music Festival, along with Mike Bongiorno and Valeria Marini. During the following year, he presented the DopoFestival, a show aired immediately after each night of the Sanremo Music Festival, featuring comments about the televised song contest. In 2002, he created a new TV show, Chiambretti c'è, together with Gianni Boncompagni. After being excluded from RAI, Chiambretti, assiste from the showgirl Sylvie Lubamba, presented the show Markette – tutto fa brodo in tv on the television channel La7. After returning at the DopoFestival in 2007, he presented the Sanremo Music Festival once again in 2008, together with Pippo Baudo.
- Giorgio Dell’Arti, Simona Furfaro (13 May 2014). "Piero Chiambretti - biografia". Corriere della Sera (in Italian). Retrieved 7 December 2014.
- "Piero Chiambretti". la Repubblica (in Italian). Retrieved 7 December 2014.
- "Biografia Piero Chiambretti" (in Italian). RAI. Archived from the original on 20 December 2014. Retrieved 7 December 2014.
- Francesco La Spina (28 January 1997). "Tre per Sanremo a caccia di star". la Repubblica (in Italian). Retrieved 7 December 2014.
- Gloria Pozzi (7 January 1998). "Chiambretti al Dopofestival con Nino D'Angelo". Corriere della Sera (in Italian). Retrieved 7 December 1998. Check date values in:
- "Pierino, un Dopofestival prima maniera. In tv l'unica provocazione è la normalità". la Repubblica (in Italian). 18 January 2007. Retrieved 7 December 2014.
- "Pippo Baudo & Piero Chiambretti: è loro il Festival di Sanremo 2008". La Stampa (in Italian). 23 June 2007.
- "Chiambretti Night, sei puntate in più". TGCOM (in Italian). Mediaset. 9 March 2011.
- Francesco Canino (13 May 2014). "Chiambretti Supermarket, al via da stasera il nuovo show di Italia 1". Panorama (in Italian). Retrieved 7 December 2014.
- "Michelle Hunziker e Piero Chiambretti condurranno la prossima edizione di Striscia la Notizia". Libero (in Italian). 27 September 2014. Retrieved 7 December 2014.
- Piero Chiambretti on IMDb
- Piero Chiambretti at the online version of the Enciclopedia Italiana di Scienze, Lettere ed Arti Treccani.