Piero Gemelli (born 1952 in Rome) is an Italian photographer and artist. He studied architecture and taught photography and advertising at the European Institute of Design until 1982. As a photographer, he started out creating advertising images and programs in multivision. In 1982, Gemelli moved to Milan where he worked for Italian Vogue and other international magazines. He opened a studio in Milan in 1987.
Gemelli is considered one of the most celebrated Italian photographers and has displayed his work in exhibitions worldwide. His work is also credited in various articles and publications.
In 1987, Gemelli received a Merit Award for Magazine Features. He also wrote a book Piero Gemelli Fotografie 1983-1993, published by Art Studio/Idea Books.
Today Piero Gemelli works between Milan, Paris, and New York City. In addition to his photographic work, Gemelli works as art director, exposition planning consultant, and video and commercials director.
- “20 anni di VogueItalia 1964-1984” (Milano, 1985)
- “À propos de la photographie italienne” (Musée de l’Elysée, Losanna -1992)
- "Idea Progettata-fotografie 1983-1993” (Milano, 1994)
- “Lo sguardo Italiano - fotografie di moda dal 1951 a oggi”, (Rotonda Besana, Milano 2005)
- “Dettagli di Moda” (Villa Filippini-Besana Brianza, October 2009)
- "W(H)O-MAN" (MyOwnGallery, Milano January 2010)
-  Marie Claire
-  MyOwnGallery
-  UltraFragola
-  UltraFragola
-  youtube.com
-  Piero Gemelli site
- "Uomo o donna? Vip in mostra a Milano". Pour Femme (in Italian). 26 January 2010. Retrieved 7 July 2011.
|This article about an Italian photographer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|