|This article does not cite any sources. (May 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Pierre Antoine Louis Havet (French: [avɛ]; 6 January 1849, Paris – 26 January 1925, Paris) was a French Latinist and Hellenist, an expert on classical Greek and Latin poetry. He was the son of Ernest Havet.
He was professor at Collège de France, where in 1885-1925 he was chairman of the department of Latin philology. Since 1893 he was member of the Académie des Inscriptions et Belles-Lettres. In 1917 he became the first vice-president of the Association Guillaume Budé.
- Manuel de critique verbale appliquée aux textes latins (1867)
- Cours élémentaire de métrique grecque et latine (1886)
- La Prose métrique de Symmaque et les origines métriques du Cursus (1892) Text online
- Amphitruo (Amphitryon, by Plautus) ed. L. Havet (1895) Text online
- Manuel de critique verbale appliquée aux textes latins (1911)
- Notes critiques sur le texte de Festus (1914) Text online
- Notes critiques sur l'Orator et sur Isée (1927) Text online
|This article on a French linguist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|