This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (September 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
In 1955 Conner received his PhD from Princeton University under Donald Spencer with thesis The Green's and Neumann's Problems for Differential Forms on Riemannian Manifolds. He was a post-doctoral fellow from 1955 to 1957 (and again in 1961–1962) at the Institute for Advanced Study. He was in the 1960s a professor at the University of Virginia, where he collaborated with his colleague Edwin E. Floyd, and then in the 1970s a professor at Louisiana State University.
- "A note on a theorem of Mostow". Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 9 (3): 467–471. 1958. doi:10.1090/s0002-9939-1958-0093560-x. MR 0093560.
- with E. E. Floyd: "On the construction of periodic maps withour fixed points". Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 10 (3): 354–360. 1959. doi:10.1090/s0002-9939-1959-0105115-x. MR 0105115.
- with E. E. Floyd: "Differential periodic maps". Bull. Amer. Math. Soc. 68 (2): 76–86. 1962. doi:10.1090/s0002-9904-1962-10730-7. MR 0133834.
- "Pontrjagin numbers of maps". Bull. Amer. Math. Soc. 69 (2): 276–279. 1963. doi:10.1090/s0002-9904-1963-10954-4. MR 0145551.
- with E. E. Floyd: Differentiable periodic maps, Springer, Ergebnisse der Mathematik und ihrer Grenzgebiete, 1964, 2nd edn. 1979
- with E. E. Floyd: The relation of cobordism to K-theories, Lecture Notes in Mathematics, vol. 28, 1966
- Seminar on periodic maps, Springer 1966
- Pierre Conner at the Mathematics Genealogy Project
- List of Fellows of the American Mathematical Society, retrieved 2012-11-10.