||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (September 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
In 1955 Conner received his PhD from Princeton University under Donald Spencer with thesis The Green's and Neumann's Problems for Differential Forms on Riemannian Manifolds. He was a post-doctoral fellow from 1955 to 1957 (and again in 1961–1962) at the Institute for Advanced Study. He was in the 1960s a professor at the University of Virginia, where he collaborated with his colleague Edwin E. Floyd, and then in the 1970s a professor at Louisiana State University.
- "A note on a theorem of Mostow". Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 9 (3): 467–471. 1958. doi:10.1090/s0002-9939-1958-0093560-x. MR 0093560.
- with E. E. Floyd: "On the construction of periodic maps withour fixed points". Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 10 (3): 354–360. 1959. doi:10.1090/s0002-9939-1959-0105115-x. MR 0105115.
- with E. E. Floyd: "Differential periodic maps". Bull. Amer. Math. Soc. 68 (2): 76–86. 1962. doi:10.1090/s0002-9904-1962-10730-7. MR 0133834.
- "Pontrjagin numbers of maps". Bull. Amer. Math. Soc. 69 (2): 276–279. 1963. doi:10.1090/s0002-9904-1963-10954-4. MR 0145551.
- with E. E. Floyd: Differentiable periodic maps, Springer, Ergebnisse der Mathematik und ihrer Grenzgebiete, 1964, 2nd edn. 1979
- with E. E. Floyd: The relation of cobordism to K-theories, Lecture Notes in Mathematics, vol. 28, 1966
- Seminar on periodic maps, Springer 1966
- Pierre Conner at the Mathematics Genealogy Project
- List of Fellows of the American Mathematical Society, retrieved 2012-11-10.