|Occupation||Medical doctor, dietician, and author|
In January 2012, Dukan suggested that the Baccalaureate exam, taken by 17-year-old children, should include one test which the children could pass simply by staying within appropriate weight limits. He faced a disciplinary hearing in connection with these remarks.
In January 2014, Dukan was struck off the medical register for promoting his diet commercially.
- Allen, Peter (6 July 2011). "Creator of the Dukan Diet suffers 'total defeat' after losing libel case in French court". Daily Mail. London.
- "French diet guru Pierre Dukan faces ethics hearing" BBC News, 26 March 2012
- Kim Willsher, "Dukan diet inventor faces censure", The Guardian, 27 March 2012
- "Dukan radié de l'ordre des médecins", Le Figaro 16/05/2012
- Penketh, Anne (26 January 2014). "Dukan diet creator struck off French medical register". The Guardian. Retrieved 26 January 2014.