Pierre attending winter concert North Carolina.
|Occupation||Actor, comedian, writer, producer|
Pierre Edwards known as Pierre, is an American actor, director, writer, and stand-up comedian. Pierre is best known for producing, writing, directing, and starring as Dre Mitchell in For Da Love of Money (2002), 2001: A Space Travesty (2000), Def Jam's How to Be a Player (1997), and B*A*P*S (1997).
Born to a German mother and American soldier, Pierre was born on May 7 in Killeen, Texas . He was 3 weeks old when his family moved to Germany. At age eleven he moved back to the United States of America, and resided in Washington DC. His defense against cultural change and bullying was comedy. In the 6th grade he was selected to be on Good Morning America for his humor.
Pierre in high school began performing at comedy clubs in the DC area, with comedians such as: Martin Lawrence, Dave Chappelle, Wanda Sykes and Tommy Davidson. In 1987, after being shot multiple times Pierre decided to pursue comedy seriously. Seeing the success of his peers in Hollywood, he ventured West in 1991.
Pierre appeared on the first year of HBO's Def Comedy Jam, than starred on BET Comicview. Pierre was also featured on comedy shows: Showtime at the Apollo, Martin Lawrence Presents First Amendment and other late nite TV shows.
He worked alongside Oscar winner Halle Berry and Natalie Desselle when he played Nisi's boyfriend in the 1997 movie B*A*P*S, starred opposite Bill Bellamy in Def Jam's How to Be a Player, and played partner (detective) to actor Leslie Nielsen in the movie 2001: A Space Travesty. After a few small roles in The Wash and The Breaks he wrote, produced, directed and starred in the theatrical urban classic For Da Love of Money.
The radio world got a chance to experience Pierre with his numerous guest hosting appearances on the Steve Harvey Morning show. His first love is the comedy club stage, where he has headlined: Improv's (Dallas, Houston), Carolines (NYC), the FunnyBone (Shreveport La, Boise Id, Vicksburg, Ms), Uptown Comedy Corner (Atlanta) and many more. He has also performed at events such as, 'Damon Williams' annual 'New Year's Eve Comedy Bash' at Star Plaza'  .
Pierre has performed for the troops home and abroad. He has also performed in comedy festivals overseas: Japan, South Africa, Germany, Amsterdam, England, etc.
Currently Pierre is working on a web series Dating Pierre, Slice Trilogy, and a self-published book "100 Homies and Phonies of Hollywood".
|Slice 3||Detective Derek Dubois, Rally Speaker||2016||horror/comedy||director, writer, producer|
|Slice 2||Detective Derek Dubois||2016||horror/comedy||director, writer, producer|
|Slice||Detective Derek Dubois||2015||horror/comedy||director, writer, producer|
|Mad Black Men||Ron Rapper||2014||comedy|
|For da Love of Money||Dre Mitchell||2002||comedy||director, writer, producer|
|2001: A Space Travesty||Lt. Bradford Shitzu||2000||comedy|
|The Breaks||The Pimp||1999||comedy|
|Russell Simmons-Oneworld Music Beat||Host||1999||comedy|
|Def Jam's How to Be a Player||David||1997||comedy|
|Fatal Attraction: Smoke & Mirrors||Pierre||2016||drama|
|Nubbin & Friends||Ollie The Squirell||2015||comedy|
|Dating Pierre||Pierre||2014||comedy||(7 episodes) director, writer, producer|
|'The Rickey Smiley||Pierre||2013||comedy||the roast|
|Who's Got Joke||Pierre||2008||comedy||1st episode, writer|
|1st Amendendment Stand Up||Pierre||2007||comedy||writer|
|My 100 Homies & Phonies of Hollywood||2012||non-fiction|
|Don't Save Her||Project Pat Featuring: Three 6 Mafia||2001||Himself|
|Been There Done That||Dr. Dre||1996||Himself|
|All About You||Tupac Shakur Featuring: Nate Dogg, Snoop Dogg, Dru Down||1996||Himself|
- Audrey T McCluskey (2007). Frame by Frame. Indiana University Press. p. 271.
- D Winfrey. "Comic Pierre is back with a Hilarious Web Series "Dating Pierre"". freddyo.com. Retrieved January 23, 2015.
- Pierre Edwards (June 1, 2010). 100 Homies and Phonies of Hollywood. Pierre Edwards, Atlanta Georgia.
- "PierreEdwards". www.imdb.com. Retrieved February 2, 2015.
- Darry Littleton (2006). Black Comedians on Comedy: How African Americans Taught Us to Laugh. Applause Theatre & Cinema Books. p. 230.
- "Metro Comedy Entertainment Presents Pierre Edwards". www.thearcdc.org. October 26, 2013. Retrieved February 2, 2015.
- Tim Shellburg (December 23, 2011). "Comedian Pierre Edwards joins Damon Williams' annual 'New Year's Eve Comedy Bash' at Star Plaza". www.nwitimes.com. Retrieved February 14, 2015.
- Fox News (June 30, 2010). "Pierre Edwards on "Homies and Phonies"". fox.com. Archived from the original on February 16, 2015. Retrieved February 8, 2015.
- "Slice 3 [Motion Picture on DVD] United States of America: Lott Lizard Production". www.loc.gov Retrieved from United States Library of Congress. August 17, 2016. Retrieved September 2, 2016.
- "Slice 2 [Motion Picture on DVD] United States of America: Lott Lizard Production". www.loc.gov Retrieved from United States Library of Congress. August 17, 2016. Retrieved September 2, 2016.
- "Slice [Motion Picture on DVD] United States of America: Lott Lizard Production". www.loc.gov Retrieved from United States Library of Congress. August 17, 2016. Retrieved September 2, 2016.