11 September 1959
|Alma mater||École nationale supérieure des télécommunications de Bretagne|
|Known for||Chairman of the Executive Board for Radiall
President of the Executive and Strategic Committee for RadiallPresident of the MEDEF
|Successor||Geoffroy Roux de Bézieux|
Pierre Gattaz (born 11 September 1959 in Boulogne-Billancourt, France) is a French business executive. He serves as the Chairman of Radiall, an electronics manufacturer. He is the President of the Mouvement des Entreprises de France (MEDEF), the main pro-business organization in France, and the son of Yvon Gattaz, who presided the Conseil national du patronat français, a precursor to the MEDEF.
Pierre Gattaz was born on 11 September 1959 in Boulogne-Billancourt, near Paris, France. His father, Yvon Gattaz, co-founded Radiall, an electronics manufacturer, in 1952, and served as the President of the Conseil national du patronat français, a precursor to the MEDEF, from 1981 to 1986. Pierre Gattaz has indeed family ties in Creuse on the side of his wife Marie-Aude Gattaz, in the sector of La Souterraine.
Gattaz graduated from the École nationale supérieure des télécommunications de Bretagne, where he received a bachelor of science degree in engineering. He received a certificate in administrative management from George Washington University in Washington, D.C..
Gattaz worked as a business attache at the Embassy of France, Washington, D.C.. He returned to France to work for Dassault Electronique, a subsidiary of the Dassault Group, from 1984 to 1989. He served as General Manager of Fontaine Electronique Convergie, a subsidiary of Dynaction, from 1989 to 1992.
Gattaz joined the family business, Radiall, as General Manager in 1992. He has served as its Chairman since 1994. Under his leadership, the corporation has expanded from the defense sector into telecommunications and aeronautics. He also increased its marketshare in the United States, India, Japan and China. He relocated a plant to Mexico in order to raise more capital for research and development.
Gattaz served as the President of the Groupement professionnel des industries de composants systèmes électroniques (GIXEL) in 1999. He was President of the Fédération des Industries Electriques, Electroniques et de Communication in 2007. Since 2013, Gattaz has served as the President of the Mouvement des Entreprises de France, the main pro-business organization in France. He is a proponent of deregulation.
- Gattaz, Pierre. Le Printemps des magiciens : La Révolution industrielle, c’est maintenant ! (Paris, France: Nouveau Monde Editions 2009; 191 pages).
- Gattaz, Pierre. La France de tous les possibles. 2016.
- "Governance". www.radiall.com. Retrieved 2016-04-21.
- "LE PRÉSIDENT". Mouvement des Entreprises de France. Archived from the original on February 17, 2014. Retrieved October 21, 2015.
- Desmedt, Patrice (June 21, 2010). "Pierre Gattaz, porte-parole de l'industrie". L'Usine nouvelle. Retrieved October 21, 2015.
- Birchem, Nathalie (July 3, 2013). "Pierre Gattaz, le conquérant de l'industrie". La Croix. Retrieved October 21, 2015.
- "Executive & Strategic Committee". Radiall. Retrieved October 21, 2015.
- Crouzel, Cécile; Arrivet, Domitille; Martin, Jacques-Olivier; Lagoutte, Christine (July 28, 2015). "Pierre Gattaz: "Il faut accélérer les réformes"". Le Figaro. Retrieved October 21, 2015.
- Prissette, Nicolas (June 1, 2013). "Medef : Gattaz, le patron qui fait peur". Le Journal du Dimanche. Retrieved October 21, 2015.
- "Vos élus". Le Vésinet. Archived from the original on March 6, 2016. Retrieved October 21, 2015.