Pierre Laurent (politician)
|National secretary of the|
French Communist Party
20 June 2010 – 24 November 2018
|Preceded by||Marie-George Buffet|
|Succeeded by||Fabien Roussel|
|President of the|
Party of the European Left
5 December 2010 – 17 December 2016
|Preceded by||Lothar Bisky|
|Succeeded by||Gregor Gysi|
|Île-de-France Regional Councillor|
|Assumed office |
21 March 2010
|Born||1 July 1957|
|Political party||French Communist Party|
Pierre Laurent joined the Union of Communist Students (UEC) when he was studying economics in Paris. He was National Secretary of UEC from 1982 to 1985. After graduating with a masters degree in Economics, he became a journalist for L'Humanité. At first specialized in economic issues, he became chief editor in 1999, and managing editor in 2000.
He became a member of the French Communist Party National Council in 2000 (30th congress). He was the main writer of the 33rd Congress resolution in 2009, which he introduced. He was then nominated "national coordinator" (party's number 2), in charge of leading the party's collegial direction. He therefore resigned from L'Humanité.
In 2010, he led the list for the Left Front (together with Alternative citoyenne, les Alternatifs and others) in Île-de-France for the French regional elections. He received 6.55% of the popular vote.
Despite reported financial difficulties, Laurent has collected more than €550,000 in wages within the space of 8 years.
- "Wikiwix's cache". archive.wikiwix.com. Archived from the original on 2018-04-04. Retrieved 2017-07-22.
- "TF1 et Lagardère au secoursde L'Huma". L'Obs (in French). Retrieved 2017-07-22.
- "Wikiwix's cache". archive.wikiwix.com. Archived from the original on 2010-01-14. Retrieved 2017-07-22.
- "Wikiwix's cache". archive.wikiwix.com. Archived from the original on 2011-02-24. Retrieved 2017-07-22.
- lefigaro.fr. "Présidentielle: Pierre Laurent (PC) appelle à voter Emmanuel Macron". Le Figaro (in French). Retrieved 2017-07-22.
- Dormann, Benjamin (2017). Ils ont acheté la presse : Pour comprendre enfin pourquoi elle se tait, étouffe ou encense 3rd Edition. France.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Pierre Laurent.|
- (in French) Pierre Laurent's website
|Party political offices|
| National secretary of the French Communist Party