He studied in the universities of Siena and Bern (Dr. Degree in drama). Lepori was editor for the Theaterlexikon der Schweiz, and a journalist in Lausanne for the Swiss Radio and for the literacy yearbook Viceversa Letteratura. He has translated works by French writers like Claude Ponti, Monique Laederach and Gustave Roud to Italian. He received the Swiss Schiller Prize for Poetry in 2004. He is founder and editor of the review Hétérographe: revue des homolittératures ou pas (queer literature & critics). Pierre Lepori's novel 'Sexuality' has an unusual publishing history: it was launched simultaneously in three languages: Italian, French and German. The author did his own translation from Italian to French, and the German translator based her version on the two "originals". In addition, there is a trilingual version that switches between all three languages, depending on which character is speaking.
- Qualunque sia il nome, poems, introduction by Fabio Pusterla, Bellinzona, Casagrande, 2003
- Vento, introduction by Stefano Raimondi, Faloppio, LietoColle Libri, 2004.
- Grisù, novel, Bellinzona, Casagrande, 2006.
- Alberto Canetta. La traversata del teatro, essay, Bellinzona, Casagrande, 2007.
- Il teatro nella Svizzera italiana. La generazione dei fondatori (1932-1987), essay, Bellinzona, Casagrande, 2008.
- Quel que soit le nom, poems, Lausanne, Editions d'en bas, 2011 (French translation by Mathilde Vischer).
- Sexualité, novel, Lausanne, Editions d'en bas, 2011 (French).
- Sessualità, Bellinzona, Edizioni Casagrande, 2011 (Italian).
- Sexualität, Biel, Verlag die Brotsuppe, 2011 (German translation by Jacqueline Aerne).
- Sans peau, novel, Lausanne, Editions d'en bas, 2013 (French).
- Strade bianche, poems, Novara, Interlinea, 2013 (Italian).
- Come cani, novel, Milano, Edizioni Effigie, 2015 (Italian).
- Comme un chien, novel, Lausanne, Editions d'en bas, 1015(French).
- Solothurner Literaturtage
- Viceversa Literatur
- Revue Hétérographe
- Territory Crossings
- Pro Helvetia
- Official Website
- Publications by and about Pierre Lepori in the catalogue Helveticat of the Swiss National Library
- Bibliothèque Universitaire de Lausanne
|This article about a Swiss writer or poet is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|