|Origin||Montreal, Quebec, Canada|
Marchand is known for his ongoing collaboration with Sarah McLachlan, having produced all of her albums since Solace in 1991. He also co-wrote several of McLachlan's singles, including "Building a Mystery", "Adia", "Into the Fire", and "Fumbling Towards Ecstasy".
Marchand has also worked with many other singer-songwriters, including Kate & Anna McGarrigle, Rufus Wainwright, Ron Sexsmith, Leigh Nash, Stevie Nicks, Daniel Lanois, The Devlins, Greg Keelor, Patty Larkin and Lhasa de Sela. He has been awarded the Juno Award for songwriting and producing, as well as a Felix Award for Producer of the Year.
His recording studio Studio PM is located in Montreal.
- "Whitehorse, 'Éphémère sans repère'". Exclaim!, March 25, 2014.
- Radio-Canada.ca, ICI Radio-Canada Première -. "Visite du Studio PM de Pierre Marchand avec Pascal Shefteshy | Tandem". Tandem | ICI Radio-Canada.ca Première (in French). Retrieved 2017-11-28.
- "PIERRE MARCHAND: Producing Sarah McLachlan". Sound on Sound. March 2000. Retrieved 23 May 2011.
- "Pierre Marchand". McDonough Management. 2011. Retrieved 23 May 2011.
- "Pierre-Marchand JUNO Awards". junoawards.ca. 2011. Retrieved 23 May 2011.
|This article about a Canadian guitarist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a pianist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|