Morel at the preview showing of Taken in Paris, 27 February 2008
12 May 1964 |
|Occupation||Film director, cinematographer|
|Notable work||District 13
From Paris with Love
The following year, he began a career as cinematographer, working with such directors as Louis Leterrier, Corey Yuen, Nancy Meyers, Alek Keshishian, Luc Besson and Phillip Atwell. At the same time, he directed his first film District 13 in 2004, followed by Taken in 2008 and From Paris with Love, in 2010.
Morel was attached to Paramount's planned remake of Frank Herbert's Dune but left the project before it was cancelled. In 2015, he directed the action film The Gunman, starring Sean Penn, Javier Bardem and Idris Elba.
- The Transporter (2002) - cinematographer
- Something's Gotta Give (2003) - cinematographer
- District 13 (2004) - director
- Unleashed (2005) - cinematographer
- Love and Other Disasters (2006) - cinematographer
- Arthur and the Minimoys (2006) - cinematographer
- War (2007) - cinematographer
- Taken (2008) - director
- From Paris with Love (2010) - director
- The Gunman (2015) - director
- Overdrive (2017) - producer
- Peppermint (TBA) - director
- Zero Hour (2013) - director, executive producer
- Pierre Morel Takes Over Directing Duties on Dune
- Another director quits Dune, as time runs out on for the project
- "Idris Elba Eyes Pierre Morel's 'The Gunman'". vibe.com. Retrieved 15 June 2013.
- Kit, Borys. "'Taken' Director Tackling Female Action Movie for Lakeshore". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 3 May 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Pierre Morel (filmmaker).|