This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (January 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Pierre Terblanche is a South African motorcycle designer born in 1956 in Uitenhage, Eastern Cape. He started his career in advertising but felt the need to move into the design world. After moving to Germany and working with Volkswagen design he worked at Cagiva's Research Center at San Marino under the direction of Massimo Tamburini. When Cagiva decided to sell Ducati to US-based Texas Pacific Group, Pierre Terblanche chose to follow Ducati. In December 2007, he left Ducati to pursue other interests believing that he should be a designer, not a manager. He has designed boats for the South African shipyard Bobkat.
Subsequently, Pierre Terblanche worked for Piaggio on the Moto Guzzi and other brands, along with former colleague Miguel Angel Galluzzi who designed the Ducati Monster. Terblanche left Piaggio to join Norton Motorcycle Company in January 2011.
In early 2013, it was announced that Terblanche had joined Confederate Motors in Alabama, United States, as head of product development, and in August 2014 his first Confederate design, the X132 Hellcat Speedster, was shown.
In late 2014, Terblanche left Confederate to join Royal Enfield in India. After working for 20 months at Royal Enfield (India), on August 2, 2016 Terblanche resigned from his post for reasons unknown.
Terblanche designed the following motorcycles:
- Ducati 888
- Royal Enfield Himalayan
- Cagiva 600 Canyon
- Cagiva 900 Gran Canyon
- Ducati Multistrada
- Ducati Hypermotard
- Ducati Supermono
- 1999–2007 Ducati SuperSport
- Ducati MH900e
- Ducati 749/999
- Ducati SportClassics
- Moto Guzzi Concepts Eicma 2014
- Confederate X132 Hellcat Speedster
- Ben Purvis (20 December 2007). "Ducati design boss Pierre Terblanche leaves". Motorcycle News. Retrieved 27 August 2008.
- Ian Kerr (22 June 2009). "Terblanche Working with Piaggio". MotorcycleUSA. Retrieved 2 March 2010.
- Siler, Wes (12 January 2011), "Pierre Terblanche joins Norton", Hell for Leather, retrieved 20 January 2011
- "Pierre Terblanche joins Confederate Motor Company", Motorcyclist, 22 February 2014, retrieved 14 March 2013
- Jensen Beeler (15 August 2014), Confederate X132 Hellcat Speedster - by Pierre Terblanche, Asphalt and Runber
- "Design legend Pierre Terblanche joins Royal Enfield". Royal Enfield.