Webó playing for Fenerbahçe in 2013
|Full name||Pierre Achille Webó Kouamo|
|Date of birth||20 January 1982|
|Place of birth||Bafoussam, Cameroon|
|Height||1.81 m (5 ft 11 1⁄2 in)|
|2003||→ Leganés (loan)||7||(0)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 00:00, 5 October 2015 (UTC).
Born in Bafoussam, West Region, Webó started his professional career in Uruguay, playing three years with Uruguay's Club Nacional de Football, winning two first division titles – although he only was an important first-team member in his third year – and becoming top scorer of the 2002 edition of the South American Cup.
In the 2003 summer Webó returned to Osasuna, for whom he scored six goals in his third season, being instrumental in the Navarrese side's fourth La Liga place and UEFA Champions League qualification, although they would ultimately be ousted by Hamburger SV prior to the group stage.
His 2006–07 pre-season was hampered after he was forced to undergo treatment for malaria, but he went on to produce similar numbers in the league, adding two goals in nine games in the team's semifinal run in the UEFA Cup, including the match's only in a home tie against Glasgow Rangers.
After Daniel Güiza's departure, Webó's importance in Mallorca increased, and he scored 18 goals in the following three seasons combined, netting six in 2009–10 as the Balearic Islands team finished fifth and qualified to the Europa League (later revoked).
In the 2011 off-season, after netting a career-best 11 goals in the campaign, with Mallorca narrowly avoiding relegation, 29-year-old Webó signed a three-year contract extension. However, in August, he asked to be relieved from his obligations for personal reasons, and joined İstanbul Büyükşehir Belediyespor in Turkey.
On 31 January 2013, Webó signed a two 1/2-year contract with fellow league side Fenerbahçe SK, for €3 million. Again he found the net in the first competitive match with his new team, but in a 1–2 home loss to Sivasspor.
On 7 March 2013 Webó scored the game's only goal in a win at FC Viktoria Plzeň, for the season's Europa League round-of-16 (2–1 on aggregate). He added another in the following round, netting through a penalty for the first in a 2–0 home success against S.S. Lazio.
On 12 May 2013 Webó played in his first derby match against Galatasaray, scoring twice to secure a 2–1 win. The game was marred by racist chants from Fenerbahçe fans, directed to opposing players Didier Drogba and Emmanuel Eboué.
Webó joined Osmanlıspor in the 2015 summer, after agreeing to a two-year deal.
An international since 2003, Webó's first highlight playing for Cameroon was a hat-trick in his country's 3–2 win in Côte d'Ivoire in the 2006 FIFA World Cup qualifiers, but his team would not travel to Germany, precisely at the hands of Côte d'Ivoire.
Webó scored in a 1–3 friendly loss with Portugal in late May 2010, and started in the first two games at that year's FIFA World Cup in South Africa (both ending in defeat), with the player not managing to find the net.
- "2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil: List of players" (PDF). FIFA. p. 7. Retrieved 11 June 2014.
- "Goleadores de la Copa Sudamericana" [South American Cup scorers] (in Spanish). ESPN Deportes. 1 August 2010.
- "Webó, ilusionado con su nuevo reto" [Webó, hungry about his new challenge] (in Spanish). El Mundo Deportivo. 30 January 2003. Retrieved 15 December 2014.
- "Fitness battle for Osasuna's Webó". UEFA.com. 21 July 2006.
- "Osasuna 1–0 Rangers (agg 2–1)". BBC Sport. 14 March 2007. Retrieved 8 February 2013.
- "Nations Cup agony for Webó". BBC Sport. 18 December 2007.
- "El Mallorca, fuera de la Europe League" [Mallorca, out of Europe League] (in Spanish). El Mundo. 12 August 2010. Retrieved 15 December 2014.
- "Webó amenaza al Racing con su racha goleadora" [Webó threatens Racing with his scoring streak] (in Spanish). Diario AS. 9 December 2010. Retrieved 15 December 2014.
- "Webó, a un gol de Magdaleno y Aduriz" [Webó, one goal behind Magdaleno and Aduriz] (in Spanish). Fútbol Balear. 4 March 2011. Retrieved 15 December 2014.
- "Webó: "Me voy por motivos familiares"" [Webó: "I leave for family reasons"] (in Spanish). Marca. 2 August 2011.
- "Büyükşehir Belediyespor 2–0 Galatasaray" (in Turkish). Turkish Football Federation. 11 September 2011. Retrieved 11 September 2011.
- "Webo da Artık Bizimle" (in Turkish). Fenerbahçe official website. 1 February 2013. Retrieved 2 February 2013.
- "Özel Durum Açıklaması (Genel)" (in Turkish). Kap. 1 February 2013. Retrieved 2 February 2013.
- "Advantage Fenerbahçe after Webó sinks Plzeň". UEFA.com. 7 March 2013. Retrieved 7 March 2013.
- "Forceful Fenerbahçe punish ten-man Lazio". UEFA.com. 4 April 2013. Retrieved 5 April 2013.
- "Fenerbahçe savors 2–1 derby win, arch-rivals Galatasaray savors league title". Hurriyet Daily News. 12 May 2013. Retrieved 16 May 2013.
- "Galatasaray: Didier Drogba questions racists who abused him". BBC Sport. 14 May 2013. Retrieved 16 May 2013.
- "Japan 1–0 Cameroon". BBC Sport. 14 June 2010. Retrieved 8 February 2013.
- "Cameroon 1–2 Denmark". BBC Sport. 19 June 2010. Retrieved 8 February 2013.
- Stats at Liga de Fútbol Profesional (Spanish)
- Pierre Webó profile at BDFutbol
- Pierre Webó at TFF.org
- Pierre Webó at National-Football-Teams.com
- Pierre Webó – FIFA competition record
- Pierre Webó profile at Soccerway