This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (April 2012)
Location of Pierrefonds-Roxboro on Island of Montreal.
(Gray areas indicate demerged municipalities).
|Established||January 1, 2006|
|Electoral Districts |
|• Mayor||Dimitrios (Jim) Beis (EM)|
|• Federal MP(s)||Sameer Zuberi (LPC) |
Francis Scarpaleggia (LPC)
|• Quebec MNA(s)||Carlos Leitão (PLQ) |
Monsef Derraji (PLQ)
|• Land||27.1 km2 (10.5 sq mi)|
|• Density||2,560.9/km2 (6,633/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (EST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|Area code(s)||(514) and (438)|
It is composed of the former municipalities of Pierrefonds and Roxboro, spanning the northern part of the West Island. Besides its land borders with the borough of L'Île-Bizard–Sainte-Geneviève, as well as the boroughs of Saint-Laurent and Ahuntsic-Cartierville to the east, it borders the municipalities of Senneville, Sainte-Anne-de-Bellevue, Kirkland, and Dollard-des-Ormeaux.
The borough has an area of 27.1 km² (10½ sq. mi.) and a population of 69,297.
Pierrefonds has the largest nature park in the City of Montreal, the Cap-Saint-Jacques Nature Park. It is also home to several English elementary schools (St. Anthony School, St. Charles School, Greendale, Terry Fox School, Kingsdale Academy) as well as the public English high school, Pierrefonds Community High School. There are also three French private schools, Collège Charlemagne, Collège Beaubois and École Charles-Perrault.
Roxboro has two nature parks known as Roxboro Island and Roxboro Woods, three elementary schools (Lalande, French; Charles A. Kirkland, English; and Socrates, Greek) as well as a small library and a large library (1997). (William G. Boll). It also had a Federal Canada Post office 1996-12-13. The former headquarters of the Roxboro Volunteer Fire Brigade is now Station 58 of the Service de sécurité incendie de Montréal and houses a single engine company. The adjacent former Roxboro Town Hall houses the Fire Prevention officers for Fire Division 11, and also serves as a borough point of service for the Roxboro area.
|Dimitrios Jim Beis||Ensemble Montréal|
|Bois-de-Liesse||City councillor||Benoit Langevin||Ensemble Montréal|
|Borough councillor||Louise Leroux||Ensemble Montréal|
|Cap-Saint-Jacques||City councillor||Catherine Clément-Talbot||Ensemble Montréal|
|Borough councillor||Yves Gignac||Ensemble Montréal|
The borough is served by the Sunnybrooke and Roxboro-Pierrefonds stations on the Deux-Montagnes commuter train line. Major thoroughfares include Saint Charles Boulevard, Saint Jean Boulevard, Sources Boulevard, as well as Gouin, and Pierrefonds Boulevards.
|Not a visible minority||39,165||56.9%|
Specialized schools include:
Primary schools include:
- du Grand-Chêne
The Lester B. Pearson School Board (LBPSB) operates Anglophone public schools.
- West Island Career Centre
- Beechwood Elementary School
- Greendale Elementary School
- St. Anthony Elementary School
- St. Charles Elementary School
- Terry Fox Elementary School
- Kingsdale Academy
- In addition Westpark Elementary and Wilder-Penfield Elementary in Dollard-des-Ormeaux and Margaret Manson Elementary School in Kirkland serve portions of the borough.
- Ministère des Affaires Municipales et Régions: Pierrefonds-Roxboro
- Parliament of Canada Federal Riding History: PIERREFONDS--DOLLARD (Quebec)
- Chief Electoral Officer of Québec - 40th General Election Riding Results: NELLIGAN
Chief Electoral Officer of Québec - 40th General Election Riding Results: ROBERT-BALDWIN
- 2006 Statistics Canada Community Profile: Pierrefonds, Quebec
2006 Statistics Canada Community Profile: Roxboro, Quebec
- Official Transport Quebec Road Map
- "ÉCOLES ET CENTRES." Commission Scolaire Marguerite-Bourgeoys. Retrieved on December 7, 2014.
- "School Board Map." Lester B. Pearson School Board. Retrieved on September 28, 2017.
- "Les bibliothèques par arrondissement." Montreal Public Libraries Network. Retrieved on December 7, 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Pierrefonds-Roxboro.|
Celebrities include the Tudor family