Pierson Township, Vigo County, Indiana
Location in Vigo County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||36 sq mi (90 km2)|
|• Land||35.35 sq mi (91.6 km2)|
|• Water||0.65 sq mi (1.7 km2) 1.81%|
|Elevation||591 ft (180 m)|
|• Density||34.2/sq mi (13.2/km2)|
|ZIP codes||47802, 47850, 47858, 47866|
|GNIS feature ID||453731|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 36 square miles (93 km2), of which 35.35 square miles (91.6 km2) (or 98.19%) is land and 0.65 square miles (1.7 km2) (or 1.81%) is water.
- Riley Township (north)
- Perry Township, Clay County (northeast)
- Lewis Township, Clay County (southeast)
- Jackson Township, Sullivan County (south)
- Curry Township, Sullivan County (southwest)
- Linton Township (west)
- Honey Creek Township (northwest)
The township contains these six cemeteries: Armstrong, Brown, Donham, Ruggles, Stephens and Taylor.
Airports and landing strips
- Ellis Fly-In
- Fox Lake
- French Lake
- Israel Lake
- Paint Mill Lake
- Indiana's 8th congressional district
- State House District 46
- State Senate District 39
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States Board on Geographic Names (GNIS)
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 10 May 2013.
- National Park Service (2010-07-09). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.