From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up pietà or Pietà in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
The Pietà is a subject in Christian art depicting the Virgin Mary cradling the dead body of Jesus.
Pietà or Pieta may also refer to:
- Pietà (Southern German, Cloisters), German wooden sculpture
- Pietà, Malta
- Pieta, California
- Santa Maria della Pietà, Venice, a church
- the related Ospedale della Pietà, a 17th and 18th century orphanage and music school
- Pieta Brown, American musician
- Pieta prayer booklet, a Catholic prayer book approved by Pope Pius IX
- Pietà (manga), a Japanese josei manga
- Pietà (Michelangelo), a marble sculpture
- Pietà (Titian), the last painting by Titian
- Pieta (1983 film), Philippine film
- Pieta (TV series), Philippine TV series based on the 1983 film
- Pieta (film), a 2012 South Korean film
- Pietà (book), a 1989 book by Hungarian-Swedish biologist George Klein
- Pieta House, suicide prevention charity in Ireland founded by Joan Freeman
- della Pietà (surname)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Pietà.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.