|Full name||Pietro Rava|
|Date of birth||21 January 1916|
|Place of birth||Cassine, Alessandria, Italy|
|Date of death||5 November 2006(aged 90)|
|Place of death||Turin, Italy|
|Height||1.75 m (5 ft 9 in)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
Pietro Rava (21 January 1916 – 5 November 2006) was an Italian football defender and coach, who played as a full-back. He won the 1936 Summer Olympics and the 1938 FIFA World Cup with the Italian national team.
Rava, born in Cassine, Province of Alessandria, played for the clubs U.S. Alessandria (1928–35, 1946–47), Juventus F.C. (1935–46 and 1947–50) and Novara Calcio (1950–51). He won two Italian Cups in the 1937–38 and 1941–42 seasons, and two scudetti in the 1934–35 and 1949–50 seasons. He was Juventus's captain from 1947 to 1950. In total, he played in 352 Serie A matches (including 303 for Juventus), scoring 15 goals.
Rava appeared in 30 international matches with the Italian national team between 1936 and 1946, losing only one game, and becoming the Italy captain in 1940. He won the gold medal at the 1936 Summer Olympics, and won the 1938 FIFA World Cup. He was selected to the "Best XI" of the 1938 World Cup. Along with Alfredo Foni, Sergio Bertoni, and Ugo Locatelli, Rava is one of only four Italian players ever to win both the Olympic tournament and the World Cup.
On 5 November 2006, Rava, the last surviving member of the 1938 World Cup champion squad, died in Turin after having had surgery on his right femur due to a fracture days before. He had been suffering from Alzheimer's disease for several years. Juventus announced that the following day, for a Serie B match against Napoli, the players would wear mourning armbands in his memory.
- Serie A: 1949–50; Runner-up: 1937–38, 1946–47.
- Serie A-B Runner-up: 1945–46.
- Coppa Italia: 1937–38, 1941–42
- (in Italian) "Addio Rava, Mondiale nel 1938" - www.gazzetta.it - La Gazzetta dello Sport - retrieved 5 Nov 2006.
- "Capitolo VIII: Ritratti dei Campioni del Mondo: 1938 Italia" (in Italian). Storie di Calcio. Retrieved 26 August 2015.
- "Nazionale in cifre: Pietro Rava". figc.it (in Italian). FIGC. Retrieved 15 April 2015.
- "Pietro Rava". enciclopediadelcalcio.it (in Italian). Retrieved 15 April 2015.
- (in Italian) "La Juventus in lutto per Rava" - www.juventus.com - Juventus FC official web site - retrieved 5 Nov 2006.
- "FIFA World Cup Awards: All-Star Team". football.sporting99.com. Archived from the original on 30 June 2016. Retrieved 15 April 2015.
- (in Italian) Player bio - www.tifonet.it - Retrieved November 2006.
- Rava's statistics at Juventus - www.myjuve.it - Retrieved November 2006.
- Pietro Rava - International Appearances - www.rsssf.com - by Roberto Di Maggio, RSSSF.
- DatabaseOlympics.com profile
is stated as fact:
website FIFA  in November 2009 introduced some changes in date of birth the player's instead 21 January 1916 (originally written) wrote 12 January 1916
Mario Varglien Iº
|Juventus F.C. captains