From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For the agricultural building, see pigsty.
|Created by||David Padoni
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||13|
|Executive producer(s)||Rob Long
|Running time||30 mins. (approx)|
|Production company(s)||Staley/Long Productions
|Distributor||CBS Television Distribution|
|Original release||January 23 – May 15, 1995|
The show was about five male roommates sharing an apartment in New York, and their female superintendent.
||This section may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. (August 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
- Brian McNamara as Randy Fitzgerald – Randy was a struggling writer who supported himself by tending bar. He was often frustrated by his inability to sell a single story. Randy also had an unrequited crush on the building's superintendent, Tess.
- Matthew Borlenghi as Johnny Barzano – Johnny was young assistant district attorney and one of the roommates. In the pilot, Johnny was engaged and moving out, forcing the others to find a fourth person to split the rent with. However, Johnny decided that his fiancée was too "clingy" and called off the engagement and tried to move back into the apartment. It was Randy who would come up with the plan that would enable five guys to share a two bedroom apartment.
- David Arnott as Cal Evans – Cal was an unscrupulous advertising executive who also lived in the apartment. Cal was known for having slovenly of personal habits and for his love of smoking cigars. When Johnny tried to move back in, the other roommates initially tried to force out Cal because he of his bad habits. However, Cal revealed that he had secretly put his name on the lease to prevent them from kicking him out. So instead, the group decided that Cal should move into the walk-in closet with P. J.'s dog. Cal graduated from college with a 1.0 GPA. He claims that his favorite holidays are New Years Day and St. Patrick's Day because he likes to get girls really drunk so that they will have pity sex with him.
- Timothy Fall as P. J. Morris – P. J. wanted to be a songwriter, however, he never sold any of his songs and, in fact, lived off a large trust fund. P. J. was often ridiculed by Randy for being a "trust fund baby". Every few months he would have dinner with his father to discuss his going into the family business, but P. J. always refused. His family obtained its wealth from the tobacco industry, thus P. J.'s name can be seen as a pun on the Philip J. Morris Company.
- Sean O'Bryan as Joe "Iowa" Dantley – Joe Dantley was a doctor and a transplanted Iowan starting his residency at a local New York Hospital. He was only called Joe in the pilot episode; afterwards the guys all referred to him by the nickname "Iowa". He was originally supposed to be the fourth roommate when Johnny moved out. However, when Johnny wanted to come back a deal had to be reached to accommodate the situation.
- Liz Vassey as Tess Gallaway – Tess was a struggling actress who worked as the building superintendent while waiting for her acting career to take off. Randy would regularly break things in the apartment so that she would have to come up and repair them. In one episode he got Iowa to take some lab mice from the hospital, forcing her to come and catch them. All of this in a futile attempt to spend more time with Tess. Although she was aware of his crush on her, and that he was deliberately breaking objects, she did not return his affections. Tess believed that he was too immature for a serious relationship.