Pigeon Feathers and Other Stories
|Cover artist||S. Neil Fujita|
|Genre||Short story collection|
|Publisher||Alfred A. Knopf|
"A&P" and the title story, "Pigeon Feathers", were both adapted into films (see below).
List of stories
- "Walter Briggs"
- "The Persistence of Desire"
- "Still Life"
- "A Sense of Shelter"
- "Dear Alexandros"
- "Pigeon Feathers". Refers to H.G. Wells' book The Outline of History.
- "You'll Never Know, Dear, How Much I Love You"
- "The Astronomer"
- "The Doctor's Wife"
- "The Crow in the Woods"
- "The Blessed Man of Boston, My Grandmother's Thimble, and Fanning Island"
- "Blocked dirt, creeperslaying, My sword's Hilt, and Nether Island"
- "Packed Dirt, Churchgoing, A Dying Cat, A Traded Car"
The short story "Pigeon Feathers" was adapted into a film and presented in 1988 on the Public Broadcasting American Playhouse series. It was directed by Sharron Miller and starred Christopher Collet, Caroline McWilliams, Jeffrey DeMunn, Lenka Peterson, and Boyd Gaines. It tells the story of David, a young man who has a crisis of faith as he struggles with his belief in life after death.
- Norton Anthology of Short Fiction, 7th ed
- Pigeon Feathers at the Internet Movie Database
- Shirley, Don (February 17, 1988). "Television Reviews : 'Revolt of Mother'; 'Pigeon Feathers'". latimes. Retrieved September 14, 2016.
- A&P at the Internet Movie Database
|This article about a collection of short stories is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|