Pike Township, Clark County, Ohio
|Pike Township, Clark County, Ohio|
Countryside in Pike Township
Location of Pike Township in Clark County
|• Total||36.7 sq mi (95.1 km2)|
|• Land||36.7 sq mi (95.1 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||1,093 ft (333 m)|
|• Density||102/sq mi (39.2/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1085857|
Pike Township is one of the ten townships of Clark County, Ohio, United States. The 2010 census reported 3,730 people living in the township, 3,246 of whom lived in the unincorporated portions of the township.
Located in the northwestern corner of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Jackson Township, Champaign County - north
- Mad River Township, Champaign County - northeast corner
- German Township - east
- Bethel Township - south
- Bethel Township, Miami County - southwest
- Elizabeth Township, Miami County - west
- Lostcreek Township, Miami County - northwest corner
Name and history
Pike Township was formed in 1818.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Pike township, Clark County, Ohio". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved January 15, 2015.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Remainder of Pike township, Pike township, Clark County, Ohio". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved January 15, 2015.
- The History of Clark County, Ohio: Containing a History of the County; Its Cities, Towns, Etc. W. H. Beers and Company. 1881. p. 693.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.