Pilar Ayuso González
- 1965: Agricultural engineer
- 1970: PhD in Agricultural Engineering
- Diploma in European Community studies
- Researcher, Director of agrarian research projects at the National Agrarian Research Institute in Madrid
- 1996-1999: Director-General for Food Policy and Agri-food Industries, Ministry of Agriculture
Career in national politics
- 1981-1984: Secretary of the PP National Committee on Agricultural Studies
- 1991-1996: Member of the Castile-La Mancha Regional Parliament for Ciudad Real
- Member of the National Executive Committee of the People's Party
- Member of the Executive Committee of the PP for Castile-La Mancha
- Member of the Ciudad Real Provincial Executive Committee of the PP
- Member of the European Union of Women and Vice-Chairwoman of the Association of Women for Democracy
Member of the European Parliament, 1999–2019
Ayuso joined the European Parliament in the 1999 European elections. Throughout her time in parliament, she served on the Committee on the Environment, Public Health and Food Safety. In this capacity, she was her parliamentary group's rapporteur on the fuel quality directive (FQD) in 2007. She was also a substitute for the Committee on Agriculture and Rural Development and the Committee on Industry, Research and Energy. In 2018, she joined the temporary Special Committee on the Union's authorisation procedure for pesticides.
In September 2018 Gonzalez voted against the European Union triggering article 7 procedure against Hungary, due to the country's government posing a “systematic threat” to democracy and the rule of law.
- Civil Order of Agricultural Merit
- Emily Smith (September 19, 2007), MEPs split over vehicle fuel quality European Voice.
- Members of the European Parliament Intergroup on Children’s Rights European Parliament.
- "El Partido Popular español se rompe ante la censura a Orbán: tres diputados votan con la extrema derecha; nueve se abstienen y cuatro se ausentan". eldiario.es (in Spanish). Retrieved 2018-09-12.
- Rankin, Jennifer (2018-09-12). "MEPs vote to pursue action against Hungary over Orbán crackdown". the Guardian. Retrieved 2018-09-12.
- Personal profile of Pilar Ayuso González in the European Parliament's database of members
- Declaration (PDF) of financial interests (in Spanish)
|This article about a Member of the European Parliament from Spain is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|