20 April 1940|
|Died||19 October 1997(aged 57)|
|Years active||1976 - 1997|
Pilar Mercedes Miró Romero (Madrid, 20 April 1940 – Madrid, 19 October 1997) was a Spanish screenwriter and film director. She directed TVE from 1986 to 1989, and in the 1990s, the weddings of the daughters of King Juan Carlos I.
In 1981 her film Gary Cooper, Who Art in Heaven was entered into the 12th Moscow International Film Festival. Her 1986 film Werther was entered into the main competition at the 43rd edition of the Venice Film Festival. In 1992 her film Beltenebros won the Silver Bear for an outstanding artistic contribution at the 42nd Berlin International Film Festival. Her film El pájaro de la felicidad was screened in the Un Certain Regard section at the 1993 Cannes Film Festival.
Filmography as film director
|Library resources about
|By Pilar Miró|
- La petición (1976)
- El crimen de Cuenca (1979)
- Gary Cooper que estás en los cielos (1980)
- Hablamos esta noche (1982)
- Werther (1986)
- Beltenebros (1991)
- El pájaro de la felicidad (1993)
- El perro del hortelano (1995)
- Tu nombre envenena mis sueños (1996)
- "12th Moscow International Film Festival (1981)". MIFF. Retrieved 2013-01-25.
- VV.AA. Variety Film Reviews, Volume 19. Garland Pub., 1989.
- "Berlinale: 1992 Prize Winners". berlinale.de. Retrieved 2011-03-27.
- "Festival de Cannes: The Bird of Happiness". festival-cannes.com. Retrieved 2009-08-23.
- "45th Berlin International Film Festival". berlinale.de. Retrieved 2011-12-29.
|This article about a Spanish film director is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|