Theyyam at Pilathara
Pilathara is a small town near Payyannur in the Kannur district of Kerala, India. This region is noted for its cultural, traditional and religious characteristics. The Pariyaram Academy of Medical Sciences is within 5km distance of Pilathara. Payangadi and Mathamangalam are located south and north of Pilathara respectively. It comes under Kannur thaluk and Cheruthazham village. kannur Airport is the nearest airport. The nearby railway station is at Payangadi, just 6 km away from Pilathara.
- Mary Matha English Medium School
- St. Joseph’s College, Pilathara
- Co-operative arts and science college, Pilathara
- Govt Higher Secondary School Mathamangalam
- Pariyaram Medical College
- Government College of Engineering, Kannur, Mangattuparamba
- Lasya College of Music and Dance, Pilathara
Samskriti Sahajeevan Heritage Museum
Samskriti-Sahajeevanam Heritage museum-Palamruthillam is a traditional Bungalow of the Brahmans built according to the rich architectural style of Kerala, situated in the sylvan surroundings of natural beauty. The conventional residence of 4900 sq.feet two storey structure is an amazing beauty of wooden carvings. Every nook and corner of this Illam is blessed with the minute carvings of different features. Almost 40 wooden frames and doors are showing the unique richness of this Illam. The Illam which is around 150 years old witnesses the legend, myth, marvel, mystery and mastery of the generations of the great times gone by. Though the door frames are rather small in size, a person who has the wisdom of history bows his head before this marvel. So this is the aesthetic call to each one of us to respond and call to respect it. The Illam is owned and maintained by Samskrti, Pariyaram which is an institute of Cultural Research and action under Jesuit - run Socio- Cultural Centre
Villages of Pilathara
Places of worship
- Our Lady of Sorrows Church Pilathara
- A famous Mosque is situated in Pilathara Town.
- A famous Siva temple (Vilayancode Siva Temple)is situated just 0.5 km far away from Pilathara Town
- A famous muthappan temple is situated just 0.5 km far away from Pilathara Town
Other places near Pilathara
- Payyannur 8 km from Pilathara
- Taliparamba 11 km from Pilathara
- Bekal Fort 48 km from Pilathara
- Payyambalam Beach 35 km from Pilathara
The national highway passes through Pilathara junction. Goa and Mumbai can be accessed on the northern side and Cochin and Thiruvananthapuram can be accessed on the southern side. The road from Taliparamba to the east of Iritty connects to Mysore and Bangalore. The nearest railway station is Payyanur on Mangalore-Palakkad line. Trains are available to almost all parts of India subject to advance booking over the internet. There are airports at Kannur, Mangalore and Calicut. All of them are international airports but direct flights are available only to Middle Eastern countries.