Pilibhit District In Uttar Pradesh
|• Total||3,504 km2 (1,353 sq mi)|
|Elevation||172 m (564 ft)|
|• Density||559/km2 (1,450/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Telephone code||05881, 05882|
|Sex ratio||889 ♂/♀|
|Precipitation||780 millimetres (31 in)|
|Avg. summer temperature||36.8 °C (98.2 °F)|
|Avg. winter temperature||14.5 °C (58.1 °F)|
Pilibhit district is one of the districts in the state of Uttar Pradesh in India, and Pilibhit city is the district headquarters. Pilibhit district is a part of Bareilly Division. The district has elected eleven central ministers in 14 parliamentary elections. The sitting member of 14th parliament from Pilibhit constituency Smt. Menaka Gandhi is India's first lady member of parliament, who was elected more than five times from a single constituency.
Due to dense Sikh population in the district, it is also known as Mini Punjab as after Partition of India in 1947, a large number of Sikhs came from Pakistan and Punjab to this area, and government resettled them in the area. The district Pilibhit is also home to thousands of Bengali people, who came here after 1947.
According to the 2011 census Pilibhit district has a population of 2,037,225, roughly equal to the nation of Slovenia or the US state of New Mexico. This gives it a ranking of 226th in India (out of a total of 640). The district has a population density of 567 inhabitants per square kilometre (1,470/sq mi) . Its population growth rate over the decade 2001-2011 was 23.83%. Pilibhit has a sex ratio of 889 females for every 1000 males, and a literacy rate of 63.58%.
- Chooka beach
- Pilibhit tiger reserve
Figures about Pilibhit District
Total Area District - 3504 km²
Total Area city - 68.76 km²
Population (as 2011)
- Related Pages About Pilibhit
- Article about Places in Pilibhit
- Pilibhit tiger reserve
- Gularia Bhindara
- Dhakia Kesarpur
- Nyoria Husainpur
- Article about people from Pilibhit
- Bhanu Pratap Singh
- Harish Kumar Gangawar
- Parshuram Gangwar
- Mohan Swarup
- Md Shamsul Hasan Khan
- Menaka Gandhi
- Mukund Lal Agrawal
- Varun Gandhi
- "Population by religion community - 2011". Census of India, 2011. The Registrar General & Census Commissioner, India. Archived from the original on 25 August 2015.
- "District Census 2011". Census2011.co.in. 2011. Retrieved 2011-09-30.
- US Directorate of Intelligence. "Country Comparison:Population". Retrieved 2011-10-01.
Slovenia 2,000,092 July 2011 est.
- "2010 Resident Population Data". U. S. Census Bureau. Retrieved 2011-09-30.
New Mexico - 2,059,179
- "Discover Pilibhit District". Pilibhit.nic.in. 1971-07-01. Retrieved 2012-06-13.
- "The Population in 2011" (PDF). Government of India. Retrieved 2011-05-07.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Pilibhit district.|