The Pilis Mountains used to be a famous hunting ground for Hungarian Kings. Many hunting lodges have survived. Favorite places include the villages and hills between Pilis Mountains and Visegrad Hills, especially Pilisszentkereszt. Here, a road leads to Dobogó-ko (699 m above sea level), where one can admire an outstanding panoramic view on the Danube Bend. In the Pilis Mountains, there are three mountains' locations show exact similarity to the arrangements of the three stars of Orion's. These are as follows: the Árpádvár, the Ram-hill, and the High (Mage)- mountain. Dobogókő is a climatic health place, hiking and ski resort, with one of the most beautiful panoramic views in Hungary. Some sites worth visiting are:
- Rám-szakadék (Rám Canyon)
- Thirring-szikla (Thirring Rock, Turul Roundroute)
- Ferenczy-szikla (Ferenczy Rock, which is believed to be the Heart Chakra of Earth)
- Zsivány-szikla (Rogue Rock)
- Vadálló-kövek (Game Watch Boulders)
- Prédikálószék (Preacher’s Stool) with its gorgeous view
- Pilis-tető (Pilis Summit), the second highest point of Transdanubia.
- One of its caves is called Heart Hungarian: Szív. In 2013 it was under exploration.
|This Hungarian geography article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|