|Type||Privately held company|
|Founders||TJ Parker |
|Headquarters||Manchester, New Hampshire, United States|
The company was founded in 2013 by TJ Parker and Elliot Cohen. By 2014 the IDEO incubated company was licensed in 31 states and shipping medication in dosage packets with robots handling the packaging process.
In June 2018, Amazon.com acquired the company for a reported US$753 million. In November of 2019, the company changed their branding from "PillPack, an Amazon company" to "PillPack by Amazon Pharmacy."
- Lunden, Ingrid (2018-06-28). "Amazon buys PillPack, an online pharmacy, for just under $1B". TechCrunch.
- Kokosky, Gina; Hall, Colleen (2018-06-28). "Amazon Enters the Pharmacy World with Acquisition of PillPack". Pharmacy Times.
- Flaherty, Joe (14 February 2014). "A Drug-Dealing Robot That Upends the Pharmacy Model". Wired. Retrieved 4 December 2019.
- Farr, Christina (2019-05-10). "The inside story of why Amazon bought PillPack in its effort to crack the $500 billion prescription market". CNBC.
- Garcia, Ahiza (2019-11-15). "Amazon rolls out 'Amazon Pharmacy' branding to PillPack". CNN Business. Cable News Network. Retrieved 2019-11-18.
- "Amazon Buys PillPack an Online Pharmacy". Tech Crunch. Retrieved 23 February 2021.
|This corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|