Pilot Township, Kankakee County, Illinois
Location in Kankakee County
Kankakee County's location in Illinois
|Established||March 11, 1857|
|• Supervisor||Timothy Feller|
|• Total||49.44 sq mi (128.0 km2)|
|• Land||49.44 sq mi (128.0 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2) 0%|
|Elevation||663 ft (202 m)|
|• Estimate (2016)||2,019|
|• Density||42.2/sq mi (16.3/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (CST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
|ZIP codes||60901, 60913, 60917, 60922, 60941|
Pilot Township is one of seventeen townships in Kankakee County, Illinois, USA. As of the 2010 census, its population was 2,086 and it contained 859 housing units. It was formed from a portion of Salina Township on March 11, 1857.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 49.44 square miles (128.0 km2), all land.
Cities, towns, villages
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Pilot Center at
(These towns are listed as "historical" by the USGS.)
- Salina Township (north)
- Limestone Township (northeast)
- Otto Township (east)
- Chebanse Township, Iroquois County (southeast)
- Milks Grove Township, Iroquois County (south)
- Rogers Township, Ford County (southwest)
- Norton Township (west)
- Essex Township (northwest)
The township contains these seven cemeteries: Grand Prairie, Grand Prairie United, Mount Hope, Pilot Center, Saint Peter and Paul, Trinity and Zion Lutheran.
|U.S. Decennial Census|
The township is governed by an elected Town Board of a Supervisor and four Trustees. The Township also has an elected Assessor, Clerk, Highway Commissioner and Supervisor. The Township Office is located at 366 East Kay, Herscher, IL 60941.
- Illinois' 11th congressional district
- State House District 75
- State Senate District 38
- Herscher Community Unit School District 2
- "Pilot Township, Kankakee County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-02-20.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.