Pilot Township, Vermilion County, Illinois
Location in Vermilion County
|• Total||62.17 sq mi (161.0 km2)|
|• Land||62.16 sq mi (161.0 km2)|
|• Water||0.02 sq mi (0.05 km2) 0.03%|
|Elevation||755 ft (230 m)|
|• Estimate (2016)||568|
|• Density||9.4/sq mi (3.6/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
Pilot Township was one of the eight townships created in 1851.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 62.17 square miles (161.0 km2), of which 62.16 square miles (161.0 km2) (or 99.98%) is land and 0.02 square miles (0.052 km2) (or 0.03%) is water.
- Middlefork Township (north)
- Blount Township (east)
- Oakwood Township (south)
- Ogden Township, Champaign County (southwest)
- Compromise Township, Champaign County (west)
The township contains eight cemeteries: Collison, Concord, Emberry Chaple, Knight's Branch, Rice, Stump, Trimmell and Underwood Family.
Airports and landing strips
- Collison Airport
|U.S. Decennial Census|
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.