Pima Medical Institute
|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (March 2012)|
|Pima Medical Institute|
|Motto||Trusted. Respected. Preferred.|
|Type||Private, family-owned and operated|
Officer in charge
|CEO = Fred Freedman|
|Chairman||Richard Luebke Jr.|
|Location||Founded in Tucson, Arizona|
|Campus||15 campuses across the western United States|
The Pima Medical Institute (PMI) was established in 1972 in Tucson, Arizona and is a for-profit medical career college that trains students for careers as allied health care professionals. PMI is the largest independently owned, private allied health school in the U.S. and is nationally accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES).
Pima Medical Institute was founded in Tucson, Arizona, in January 1972 by Richard Luebke, Sr. and his wife, JoAnn. The first program offered was nursing assistant. Based on job demands in the community, Pima Medical Institute grew their programs and campuses to fill those needs, including the launch of online programs in 2006.
Pima Medical Institute owns and operates 15 campuses across the western United States.
Tucson – Established in 1972, the Tucson campus is located at 3350 E. Grant Road, Suite 100, Tucson, AZ 85716.
Albuquerque – Established in 1985, the Albuquerque campus is located at 4400 Cutler Avenue NE, Albuquerque, NM 87110.
Mesa – Established in 1986, the Mesa campus is located at 857 S. Dobson Road, Mesa, AZ 85202.
Denver – Established in 1988, the Denver campus is located at 7475 Dakin Street, Suite 100, Denver, CO 80221.
Seattle – Established in 1989, the Seattle campus is located at 9709 Third Avenue NE, Suite 400, Seattle, WA 98115.
Chula Vista – Established in 1998, the Chula Vista campus is located at 780 Bay Boulevard, Suite 101, Chula Vista, CA 91910.
Albuquerque Massage – Established in 1998, the Albuquerque Massage campus is located at 2305 San Pedro NE, Albuquerque, NM 87110.
Colorado Springs – Established in 2002, the Colorado Springs campus is located at 3770 Citadel Drive North, Colorado Springs, CO 80909.
Las Vegas – Established in 2003, the Las Vegas campus is located at 3333 E. Flamingo Road, Las Vegas, NV 89121.
Renton – Established in 2004, the Renton campus is located at 555 S. Renton Village Place, Suite 400, Renton, WA 98057.
Online – Pima Medical began offering online education in 2006.
East Valley (Phoenix metropolitan area), Arizona – Established in 2008, the East Valley campus is located at 2160 S. Power Road, Mesa, AZ 85209.
Houston – Established in 2009, the Houston campus is located at 10201 Katy Freeway, Houston, TX 77024.
El Paso – Established in 2014, the El Paso campus is located at 8375 Burnham Road, El Paso, TX 79907.
Aurora, Colorado – Established in 2010, the Aurora campus is located at 13750 E. Mississippi Avenue Aurora, CO 80012.
Phoenix – Established in 2014, the Phoenix campus is located at 1430 E. Indian School Road, Phoenix, Arizona, 85014
Programs of Study
Pima Medical Institute offers a variety of allied health care career training options. Not all programs are offered at each campus.
- Patient Care Technician
- Dental Assistant
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- Emergency Medical Technician
- Expanded Duties Dental Assistant
- Massage Therapy
- Medical Administrative Assistant
- Nursing Assistant
- Pharmacy Technician
- Phlebotomy Technician
- Veterinary Assistant
- Advanced Placement Track – Radiography (offered exclusively online)
- Dental Hygiene
- Health Care Administration (offered exclusively online)
- Mortuary Science
- Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Ophthalmic Medical Technician
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Respiratory Therapy
- Veterinary Technician
All bachelor's degree programs are offered exclusively online.
- Bachelor of Science in Radiologic Sciences (BSRS)
- Bachelor of Science in Respiratory Therapy (BSRT)
- Bachelor of Science in Physical Therapist Assistant (BSPTA)
- Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration (BSHCA)
- About Pima Medical Institute
- Pima Medical Institute expands at The Pavilions
- Directory of Institutions and Programs. Pima Medical Institute does not hold Regional accreditation. Students who wish to transfer to regionally accredited schools will most likely not be able to get credit for any classes taken at Pima.
- Pima Medical Institute: a father's growing legacy