|• Type||Municipal Corporation|
|• Body||Pimpri-Chinchwad Municipal Corporation|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
Pimple Saudagar is a suburb in the North-Western Metropolitan Corridor in Pune, India. Situated 6 kilometres (3.7 mi) from Chinchwad and centered in between the suburbs of Baner and Aundh, the locality is a progressive residential area that attracts the newer population of the city. Its proximity to the Rajiv Gandhi InfoTech Park located at Hinjewadi makes it a residential hub for people working in the Information Technology industry.
Pimple Saudagar was earlier an underdeveloped area. From the late 1990s, the area grew to catch up with the vast industrialization and expansion of the Pune city. The introduction of IT Park near Hinjewadi in 2003 sparked a tremendous real estate growth in the region favored by IT professionals. and it has become a golden crown of Pimpri-Chinchwad having high life standard.
Geography and Climate
Pimple Saudagar is located on relatively flat land. The Pavana River cutting through the northern areas of the locality is the major source of water, however, water shortage is being experienced in recent years due to the expanding population and water usage. The suburbs bordering Pimple Saudagar are Hinjawadi to the west, Aundh to the south and Sangvi to the east. The climate of Pimple Saudagar is almost identical to that of Pune as a whole.
Pimple Saudagar is well connected to the rest of the city by public transportation. PMPML buses shuttle across the area frequently, connecting it with other areas of the city however buses are not in good condition. Auto Rickshaws are also available however it is difficult to convince them sometimes to run on meter. Pimple Saudagar is traversed by the Nashik Phata road, connecting the area with Kasarvadi, a major road junction. The road follows west to connect the area with Wakad, leading to Hinjawadi.
The Rainbow BRTS bus system is now operational in Pimple Saudagar since November 2015. The Kasarwadi railway station is nearby to residents of Pimple Saudagar. All local trains between Pune Junction railway station and Lonavala railway station stop at Kasarwadi station.
Some primary schools and Pre-primary schools affiliated to Maharashtra state board have been developed in this locality in the past few years. Many schools affiliated to national education boards ICSE and CBSE have been established within the area limits.
- VIBGYOR Roots and Rise Pimple Saudagar
- Sai School of Excellence
- SNBP School
- PK School
- Gurukul School
- Challenger Public School
- Ruby Hall Clinic
- Doctor To home & clinic(DTH)
- Healing Touch Hospital
- Lotus Multispeciality Hospital
- Acme Dental Lounge
- Bright Smiles Dental & Implant Care
- Omkar Khalane Multispeciality Hospital
- VitaLife Clinic
- B Positive Physiotherapy Clinic
- Galaxy Hospital
- Geeta's Advanced Dental Clinic
Public Parks Near Pimple Saudagar
- SavitriBai Phule Udyan
- Shri Sambhaji PCMC Garden
- Pimple Saudagar linear Garden,
Kokane Chowk to Swaraj Chowk
- Grace Modular Kitchen. "History of Pimple Saudagar". Grace Modular Kitchen. Archived from the original on 4 May 2014. Retrieved 4 May 2014.CS1 maint: unfit URL (link)
- Gaikwad, Siddharth (9 April 2014). "Realty boom adds to Pimpri Chinchwad Municipal Corporation's revenue". The Times of India. Retrieved 4 May 2014.
- Gaikwad, Siddharth (24 April 2014). "PCMC areas expand, so do water needs". The Times of India. Retrieved 4 May 2014.
- "Best CBSE School in Pimple Saudagar - VIBGYOR Rise". www.vibgyorrise.com. Retrieved 7 January 2020.