|Service type||Superfast Express train|
|Current operator(s)||South Central Railway|
|Distance travelled||431 km (268 mi)|
|Average journey time||7 hours|
|Class(es)||AC Chair Car, Second Class Sitting, General|
|Track gauge||1,676 mm (5 ft 6 in)|
|Operating speed||60 km/h (37 mph) average with halts|
The Pinakini Express is an Superfast express train of Indian Railways. It runs between Vijayawada Junction of Andhra Pradesh and Chennai Central of Tamil Nadu. It administers under the Vijayawada railway division of the South Central Railway zone.
- The train halts at Tenali, Nidubrolu, Bapatla, Chirala, Ongole, Singarayakonda, Kavali, Bitragunta, Nellore, Gudur, nayudupeta and Sullurpeta.
Pinakini Express is the first train in the south India to get a green toilet.
- The first train Driver for Pinakini Express was Mr.Willam Henry Barnes (Special A grade Driver) from South Central Railway division, Vijayawada.
- "Chennai – Vijayawada Pinakini Express train to be delayed - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2016-05-15.
- "12711/Pinakini SF Express - Vijayawada/BZA to Chennai/MAS - India Rail Info". India Rail Info.
- "12712/Pinakini SF Express - Chennai/MAS to Vijayawada/BZA - India Rail Info". India Rail Info.
- "Green toilets introduced in Pinakini Express". The Hindu.