Map of Cebu with Pinamungajan highlighted
|Region||Central Visayas (Region VII)|
|District||3rd district of Cebu|
|Barangay||26 (see § Barangays)|
|• Type||Sangguniang Bayan|
|• Mayor||Glenn Baricuatro|
|• Vice mayor||Ma Honeylette Yapha|
|• Town Council|
|• Total||109.16 km2 (42.15 sq mi)|
|Population (2015 census)|
|• Density||600/km2 (1,600/sq mi)|
|• Voter (2016)||40,737|
|Time zone||PHT (UTC+8)|
|IDD : area code||+63 (0)32|
|Income class||2nd class|
Pinamungajan (also Pinamungahan) is a second income class municipality in the province of Cebu, Philippines. According to the 2015 census, it has a population of 65,955. In the 2016 election, it had 40,737 registered voters.
The municipality was established in the 1815 under the Spanish colonial government in the country. The municipality got its name from the diligent and hardworking people, working hand-in-hand especially during the agricultural harvest season – "Pinamungajan", which originated from the Visayan word Pinamuhuan, meant a worker share for his effort during a farm harvest. Over time the Pinamuhuan eventually changed to the current name of the municipality.
Pinamungajan comprises 26 barangays:
|Population census of Pinamungajan|
|Source: National Statistics Office|
- Campolabo Sandbar
- Hidden Valley Wave Pool Resort
- Odlom Falls
- Sinungkulan Cave
- Sinungkulan Falls
- "Municipality". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Retrieved 31 May 2013.
- "Municipal: Pinamungajan". PSA. Philippines: National Statistical Coordination Board. Retrieved 8 January 2016.
- PSA; Census of Population (2015), "Region VII (CENTRAL VISAYAS)", Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay, retrieved 20 June 2016
- "2016 National and Local Elections Statistics". Commission on Elections. 2016.
- PSA; Census of Population (2010), "Region VII (CENTRAL VISAYAS)", Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay, retrieved 29 June 2016
- NSO; Census of Population (1995, 2000 and 2007), "Region VII (CENTRAL VISAYAS)", Total Population by Province, City and Municipality, archived from the original on 24 June 2011
- "Places of Interest and Things To Do in Cebu". www.wonderfulcebu.com. Retrieved 2016-03-10.
- "Sandbars in Cebu: Campolabo Islet in Pinamungajan | Wonderful Cebu". www.wonderfulcebu.com. Retrieved 2016-03-09.
- "Pinamungajan's New Attraction: Hidden Valley Wave Pool Resort | Wonderful Cebu". www.wonderfulcebu.com. Retrieved 2016-03-09.