Pinar Heggernes (born 1969) is a Turkish-born Norwegian computer scientist known for her research on graph algorithms, sparse matrix computation, and parameterized complexity. She is head of the Department of Informatics at the University of Bergen.
Education and career
Heggerness was born in 1969 in Istanbul. She was educated at the University of Bergen, earning bachelor's and master's degrees there in 1990 and 1992, and completing her Ph.D. there in 1996. Her dissertation, Partitioning and Ordering Graphs for Sparse Matrix Computations, was supervised by Bengt Aspvall.
After working at a research laboratory in Norway, and then as a postdoctoral researcher at the University of Bergen, she became a faculty member in informatics in 2001, and head of the department in 2018. She has also been a visiting professor at the University of Oregon, at Boğaziçi University in Istanbul, and at the University of Primorska in Slovenia.
- A short CV of Pinar Heggernes, retrieved 2018-10-24
- Pinar Heggernes, Ph.D., Professor, Boğaziçi University, retrieved 2018-10-24
- Pinar Heggernes at the Mathematics Genealogy Project
- Prof. Pinar Heggernes, University of Primorska Faculty of Mathematics, Natural Sciences and Information Technologies, retrieved 2018-10-24
- Heggernes, Pinar, Norwegian Academy of Technological Sciences, retrieved 2018-10-24
- "Slik lader du opp til et knalløp syv dager før konkurranse. Dette er ekspertens seks råd.", Fædrelandsvennen, September 18, 2018
- Pinar Heggernes, Trondheim Marathon, 2018, retrieved 2018-10-24
- Bergstrøm, Ida (December 14, 2015), "Jeg har vært utrolig heldig (interview with Heggernes)", På Høyden (in Norwegian), University of Bergen