Pincey Brook rises at the south-east edge of London Stansted Airport, just north from the A120 road, and in the civil parish of Takeley. It runs south through Hatfield Broad Oak parish, passing the hamlet of Bush End, and, further south, Hatfield Broad Oak village at its western edge, afterwards turning south-west to become part of the parish boundary with Hatfield Heath. Curving further towards the west through Hatfield Heath parish, it becomes the northern boundary of the Down Hall Estate. For 700 yards (640 m) beyond the western edge of the Estate, it becomes the parish boundary between Hatfield Heath and Matching, before flowing into Sheering parish for 800 yards (730 m), after which it becomes the parish boundary between Matching and Sheering, this for 1500 yards (1,400 m), and to the M11 motorway. A culvert takes the Brook under the motorway, after which it remains in Sheering until 550 yards (500 m) from the north-east edge of Gibberd Garden. From here the Brook becomes the boundary between Sheering and the Essex town of Harlow, until it flows into the River Stort at a triangulation with Sawbridgeworth parish in Hertfordshire. The total length is approximately 13.5 miles (22 km).
A sport mare, born 1985, was named 'Pincey Brook'.
In 2013, a study was reported in the journal Limnologica - Ecology and Management of Inland Waters, concerning the probability of the incipient invasiveness of signal crayfish within the River Stort catchment area, including Pincey Brook.
- Pincey Brook, 'Catchment Data Explorer', Environment Agency. Retrieved 24 March 2017
- "Sheering", British History Online. Retrieved 24 March 2017
- "Matching", British History Online. Retrieved 24 March 2017
- "Hatfield Broad Oak", British History Online. Retrieved 24 March 2017
- "The ancient parish of Harlow, British History Online. Retrieved 24 March 2017
- Archaeology in Hertfordshire: Recent Research, ed. Kris Lockyear, University of Hertfordshire Press (2015), ISBN 1909291420. Retrieved 24 March 2017
- "Pincey Brook", Sport Horse Breeding of Great Britain. Retrieved 24 March 2017
- "Environmental biology of an invasive population of signal crayfish in the River Stort catchment (southeastern England)" , in Limnologica - Ecology and Management of Inland Waters (LIMNOLOGICA) 43(3): pp. 177–184 May 2013. Retrieved 24 March 2017
- Media related to Pincey Brook at Wikimedia Commons