Pine Township, Porter County, Indiana
Ponds form between ridges and high points
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||29.06 sq mi (75.27 km2)|
|• Land||26.79 sq mi (69.4 km2)|
|• Water||2.27 sq mi (5.88 km2)|
|Elevation||650 ft (198 m)|
|• Density||101.1/sq mi (39.03/km2)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||453739|
Pine Township was organized in 1853, and named for the abundance of pine trees within its borders.
Cities and towns
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (DP-1): Pine township, Porter County, Indiana". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved March 22, 2013.
- History of Porter County, Indiana : a narrative account of its historical progress, its people and its principal interests. Lewis Publishing Company. 1912. p. 159.
- National Park Service (2010-07-09). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- Porter County, Indiana Sesquicentennial, 150, 1836-1986
|This Porter County, Indiana location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|