Pine Tree Independent School District
|Pine Tree Independent School District|
|Type||Independent School District|
|Motto||"A Tradition of Excellence"|
|Grades||PK - 12th|
Pine Tree Independent School District is a public school district based in Longview, Texas in the United States. Pine Tree ISD serves western portions of Longview, including areas that were once Greggton, and small section of the neighboring city of White Oak.
In 2018, the school district was rated "Met Standard" for district, Primary, Parkway Elementary, Birch Elementary, Middle School, Junior High, High School and ExCEL (alternative). Distinction designations: Pine Tree High School - Academic Achievement in Science and Parkway Elementary - Academic Achievement in ELA/Reading and Academic Achievement in Mathematics.
- Pine Tree High School : Campus Web Page (Grades 9-12)
- Pine Tree ExCEL High School : Campus Web Page (Grades 9-12)
- Pine Tree Junior High School: Campus Web Page (Grades 7-8)
- Pine Tree Middle School: Campus Web Page (Grades 5-6)
- Pine Tree Birch Elementary School : Campus Web Page (Grades 1-4)
- Pine Tree Parkway Elementary School:: Campus Web Page (Grades 1-4)
- Pine Tree Primary School: Campus Web Page (Grades PK-K)
- PACE Discipline Alternative Campus: Campus Web Page
The district mascot is Pete the Pirate. School colors are blue and gold.
Pine Tree, Texas was first settled in the mid-1840s. The school was operating in the community in the 1850s. Growth was slow but stable, with agriculture being the primary source of income through the turn of the century. By the early 1940s, Pine Tree was an election precinct and a school district. After World War II, Pine Tree became part of Longview.