Pingat Jasa Gemilang
|Pingat Jasa Gemilang|
Medal and ribbon
|Awarded by Singapore|
|Awarded for||service of conspicuous merit in Singapore, and in special circumstances elsewhere|
|Next (higher)||Pingat Gagah Perkasa|
|Equivalent||Pingat Jasa Gemilang (Tentera)|
|Next (lower)||Bintang Bakti Masyarakat|
Medal and ribbon prior to 1996
The Pingat Jasa Gemilang (Meritorious Service Medal), instituted in Singapore in 1962. The Medal may be awarded to any person who has performed service of conspicuous merit characterised by resource and devotion to duty, including long service marked by exceptional ability, merit and exemplary conduct within Singapore. In exceptional circumstances, the Medal may be awarded to any person who has performed, outside Singapore, service of conspicuous merit characterised by resource and devotion of duty, including service marked by exceptional ability, merit and exemplary conduct.
Recipients are entitled to use the post-nominal letters PJG.
- The medal is silver-gilt having, on the obverse side, a rhomboid artifice superimposed upon a multi-perforated base. In the centre of the artifice is a shield bearing a crescent and 5 stars and below it a scroll with the inscription "PINGAT JASA GEMILANG".
- The reverse bears the State Arms.
- The ribbon is grey with a red centre band flanked on each side by a white stripe and a thin red stripe.
- 1962 - Tan Howe Liang - weightlifter
- 1962 - Stanley Toft Stewart - politician
- 1974 - Sellapan Ramanathan - politician
- 1990 - Chor Yeok Eng - politician
- 1992 - Chen Wen Hsi - artist (posthumous)
- 1998 - Tee Tua Ba - High Commissioner in Bandar Seri Begawan
- 2003 - Khoo Boon Hui - Commissioner of the Singapore Police Force
- 2003 - Tan Swie Hian - artist
- 2004 - Datuk Mohd Yusof B Abdul Rahaman, Director, Special Branch, Royal Malaysia Police
- 2005 - Tan Chin Tiong - diplomat
- 2005 - Chan Heng Chee - diplomat
- 2005 - Justice (Ret.) MPH Rubin - Retired Supreme Court Judge
- 2006 - Edwin Nadason Thumboo - poet and academic
- 2006 - Joscelin Yeo - swimmer
- 2007 - Lee Hsien Yang - former CEO of SingTel
- 2007 - Gerard Ee - Chairman of the National Kidney Foundation and former President of the National Council of Social Service
- 2008 - Yip Pin Xiu - Swimmer
- 2010 - Peter Ong - Head of the Singapore Civil Service
- 2014 - Datuk Seri Akhil Bin Bulat - Director, Special Branch, Royal Malaysia Police
- 2016 - Joseph Schooling - swimmer