|This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Operating system||Android and iOS|
|Type||Texting and VoIP|
Pinger, Inc. was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in San Jose, California. Pinger's application, Textfree, is a proprietary, cross-platform texting and calling application for smartphones. Users can communicate with others who do not use Textfree via texting and calling. Users can call within US and Canada, while texting is free in 35 countries. New accounts receive a new phone number and 10 free minutes. Users may also communicate with any other user worldwide. Moreover, Pinger has a web based version of its application that allows users to send and receive text messages directly from computer. They provide a permanent number to their users, which they can use to send free texts for lifetime.
- "Textfree Web for Free Unlimited Texting From Your Computer". 29 July 2015.
- March 27, 2013 The Wall Street Journal. The Messaging Apps Taking on Facebook, Phone Giants
- March 19, 2013 CNN Money Turn your iPad into a free phone
- March 17, 2011 Biz Journals Pinger aims to dominate texting world
- Sideline - second phone number iTunes App Store
- Sideline - second phone number Google Play
- Textfree - free texting and calling iTunes App Store
- Textfree - free texting plus calling Google Play
|This article related to telecommunications is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This software article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|