Pingla (Vidhan Sabha constituency)
|Vidhan Sabha constituency|
|Lok Sabha constituency||32. Ghatal|
|Electorate (year)||194,757 (2011)|
As per orders of the Delimitation Commission, No. 227 Pingla (Vidhan Sabha constituency) is composed of the following: Dhaneswarpur, Gobordhanpur, Jamna, Karkai, Kshirai, Kusumda and Pindurui gram panchayats of Pingla community development block and Kharagpur II community development block.
|DSP(PC)||Prabodh Chandra Sinha||84,738||47.24||-9.81|
|Trinamool Congress||Ajit Maity||83,504||46.56||+3.62#|
.# Swing calculated on Congress+Trinamool Congress vote percentages taken together in 2006.
|Party||Seats won||Seat change|
|Indian National Congress||2||0|
|Jharkhand Party (Naren)||0||1|
|Communist Party of India (Marxist)||7||7|
|Communist Party of India||1||1|
Note: Constituency abolished – 1 (See template talk page for details)
In the 2006 state assembly elections, Ramapada Samanta of DSP(PC) won the Pingla assembly seat defeating Hrishikesh Dinda of Trinamool Congress. Contests in most years were multi cornered but only winners and runners are being mentioned. Rampada Samanta, Independent, defeated Raj Kumar Das of Trinamool Congress in 2001. Ramapada Samanta contesting on the CPI(M) symbol defeated Swapan Dome of Congress in 1996. Haripada Jana representing DSP(PC) defeated Saktipada Mahapatra of Congress in 1991, contesting as an independent defeated Sukumar Das of Congress in 1987 and 1982, and representing Janata Party defeated Bijoy Das of Congress in 1977.
- "Delimitation Commission Order No. 18 dated 15 February 2006" (PDF). Government of West Bengal. Retrieved 2010-10-15.
- "Pingla". Assembly Elections May 2011 Results. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-05-20.
- "West Bengal Assembly Election 2011". Pingla. Empowering India. Retrieved 2011-05-06.
- "West Bengal Assembly Election 2011" (PDF). Pingla. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-05-06.
- "217 - Pingla Assembly Constituency". Partywise Comparison Since 1977. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2010-12-20.
- "Statistical Reports of Elections". General Election Results and Statistics. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2010-12-20.