Pingla (community development block)
পিংলা সমষ্টি উন্নয়ন ব্লক
|community development block|
|• Total||220.24 km2 (85.04 sq mi)|
|• Density||780/km2 (2,000/sq mi)|
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Ghatal|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Pingla, Sabang|
Pingla (community development block) is an administrative division in the Kharagpur subdivision of Paschim Medinipur district in the Indian state of West Bengal. Pingla police station serves this block. Headquarters of this block is at Pingla.
Pingla is located at.
As per 2001 census, Pingla block had a total population of 170,792, out of which 88,251 were males and 82,541 were females. Pingla block registered a population growth of 14.25 per cent during the 1991-2001 decade. Decadal growth for the combined Midnapore district was 14.87 per cent. Decadal growth in West Bengal was 17.45 per cent.
Prasenjit Shee & Tanmoy Bakli
- "Contact details of Block Development Officers". Paschim Medinipur district. West Bengal Government. Retrieved 2011-04-10.
- "Provisional population totals, West Bengal, Table 4, (erstwhile) Medinipur District". Census of India 2001. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-04-10.
- "Allocation of 3rd SFC (untied) Fund" (PDF). Paschim Medinipur district. Government of West Bengal - Department of Panchayats & Rural Development. Retrieved 2011-04-10.
- "Provisional Population Totals, West Bengal. Table 4". Census of India 2001, Medinipur district. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-03-20.
- "Pingla". Retrieved 2009-11-08.